Re: [orthodox-synod] (Under Soviet Rule Was Met.Anastassy's Last Will)

  • Michael Nikitin
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 4, 2003
      With the down fall of Communism, MP did not repent of
      Sergianism and continues to be a member in WCC.

      Michael N.

      From: Hristofor <hristofor@...>
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] (Under Soviet Rule Was Met.Anastassy's Last Will)
      Date: Tue, 04 Mar 2003 11:16:25 -0500

      vkozyreff wrote:

      >I say:
      >
      >This is irrelevant. If I had lived under Soviet rule, possibly I
      >would have been a sergianist.

      That is a very interesting statement. You admit, that *even you* might
      have been a sergianist, i.e. an apologist for the Soviets, had you been
      in the USSR during those times.

      Hello! That is an important part of the argument. You were in the West,
      so like most hyphenated Russians living Abroad, we all despise
      sergianism. *They*, the poor Russians in the Soviet Union, did not have
      that luxury of freedom. We can hypothesize for ages how any one of
      might have reacted had we been faced with the grimness of Soviet
      reality. But that fact is, we weren't there and we can never know. So,
      perhaps we should be at least more understanding of those that were.

      Hristofor

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 8, 2003
        Vladimir Moss wrote:

        I have faith - that is,
        > certain belief - in the prophecies of the saints concerning the
        resurrection
        > of Holy Russia through a True Orthodox Tsar who will overthrow almost
        all the
        > hierarchs of the official church. You do not have this faith.

        JRS: Did it ever occur to you that what you are yearning for is quite
        contrary to the Canons?

        However, we ought not to be as concerned about the future, as about the
        present. Who can say how long any of us might live?

        Somewhere C. S. Lewis wrote that the communists lived for the future,
        and justified everything they did by the utopia that was to come. But
        while their expected utopia never came, what was real was all the
        destruction and murder they committed trying to achieve it.

        It is quite possible to live for a "future Tsardom" that we may never
        see. But all of the discord, the schisms, the confusion of the faithful
        supposedly justified by that future reign of justice on earth, is real
        enough.