Samoderzhavets (Was Met.Anastassy's Last Will)

  • Hristofor
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 3, 2003
      larry most wrote:

      >GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      >Dear Vladimir,
      >Shame on me, I was thinking of Peter the Great. Also I had read somewhere that in ancient Russia, one was not allowed to "cast eyes on the Czar". I'm sorry,but it would take a while for me to get used to living in a land like that.
      >Yours in Christ,
      >Sub-deacon Lawrence

      Really? Good job you weren't in NY then for the last senatorial race.
      Wherever the former first lady went on the campaign trail, there were
      numerous instances of people at campaign sites being advised in advance
      not to make eye contact with Hil...

      I think the not casting eyes on th czar also had similar parallels in
      Western European monarchies as well.

      I would still take prefer an anointed Orthodox "autocrat"
      (samoderzhavets as VK correctly points out) with whatever their sins,
      then the mess in the West today.

      Hristofor
      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 8, 2003
        Vladimir Moss wrote:

        I have faith - that is,
        > certain belief - in the prophecies of the saints concerning the
        resurrection
        > of Holy Russia through a True Orthodox Tsar who will overthrow almost
        all the
        > hierarchs of the official church. You do not have this faith.

        JRS: Did it ever occur to you that what you are yearning for is quite
        contrary to the Canons?

        However, we ought not to be as concerned about the future, as about the
        present. Who can say how long any of us might live?

        Somewhere C. S. Lewis wrote that the communists lived for the future,
        and justified everything they did by the utopia that was to come. But
        while their expected utopia never came, what was real was all the
        destruction and murder they committed trying to achieve it.

        It is quite possible to live for a "future Tsardom" that we may never
        see. But all of the discord, the schisms, the confusion of the faithful
        supposedly justified by that future reign of justice on earth, is real
        enough.