Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Met.Anastassy's Last Will and Testament of 1957

  • Valentina Grigorieva
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 3, 2003
      larry most <larrymost2002@...> a écrit : >
      > GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      > Dear Vladimir,
      > I've read quite a bit of Russian History, and unless
      > it is all lies, not all of those Tsars were
      > wonderful. As a matter of fact, after reading the
      > diaries of Nicholas and Alexandria, how could any
      > nation expect one man, no matter how much of a
      Believer he is,
      Dear Sub-Deacon Lawrence, in fact a Tsar was not only
      a “man” or a « believer » but an « an
      anointed one”. They are not supposed to be
      "wonderful" but to reign over a huge country.
      Moreover, the last Tsar Nicholas as been glorified by
      our Church, so he is also a Saint. Yes the MP also
      glorified Nicholas but as a simple man-martyr (again,
      they rejected the chance to repent for the sin of
      murdering the anointed one), and only under
      people’s pressure. They were not at the origin
      of that act. Moreover, by now there must be a majority
      of bishops in the MP who would have been opposed to
      that glorification of a “Tsar-martyr”,
      surely pro-ecumenists, and they don’t hide their
      ideas. I guess the “man-martyr” was the
      only compromise they found between themselves to
      respond to people worshiping Tzar’s icons.

       to be able to totally govern a
       nation of that size and complexity
      you just made the point! At the end of the 19th
      century/beginning of 20th cent. Russia had reached
      such a high rate of development (economical,
      industrial, social) that it was envied by all the
      other European nations. And one man only was reigning
      with God’s help.

       . I know, that's the modern American in me
      speaking.
      Yes! But if you don’t read any Russian neither
      know a Russian émigré whose parent were born in
      Russian beg. 20th cent. then you are quite forgiven,
      because that history of Russia is not exactly the one
      taught at school, even in Europe. I should say,
      precisely in Europe!

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 8, 2003
        Vladimir Moss wrote:

        I have faith - that is,
        > certain belief - in the prophecies of the saints concerning the
        resurrection
        > of Holy Russia through a True Orthodox Tsar who will overthrow almost
        all the
        > hierarchs of the official church. You do not have this faith.

        JRS: Did it ever occur to you that what you are yearning for is quite
        contrary to the Canons?

        However, we ought not to be as concerned about the future, as about the
        present. Who can say how long any of us might live?

        Somewhere C. S. Lewis wrote that the communists lived for the future,
        and justified everything they did by the utopia that was to come. But
        while their expected utopia never came, what was real was all the
        destruction and murder they committed trying to achieve it.

        It is quite possible to live for a "future Tsardom" that we may never
        see. But all of the discord, the schisms, the confusion of the faithful
        supposedly justified by that future reign of justice on earth, is real
        enough.