Re: Acceptance of MP in our ROCOR

  • Reader John <rdrjohn2000@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
      Very well written, Nick. I think you have some very good ideas here.

      In Christ,
      Rdr John
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, for4z@a... wrote:
      > I am sure that if the hierarchs of the MP (notice: NOT priests or
      mass of lay
      > believers, but HIERARCHS) were to issue a collective statement,
      asking for
      > forgiveness for acting as organs of the KGB, and explaining that
      what
      > Metropolitan Sergius did was indeed a mistake, there will not be
      anyone in
      > our ROCOR that will not heed to accept the apology and rush for
      brotherly
      > dialogue and embrace. I think this is a very simple matter. It is
      not so
      > much a theological matter, as it is a matter of conscience.
      >
      > Despite all of the truly wonderful and miraculous manifestations of
      re-birth
      > in Russia, there are those, who rightly so, cannot allow themselves
      > lovingly approach the MP until the aforementioned resolution takes
      place.
      > These are the people who experienced the Revolution and painfully
      lived
      > through every evil and sorrow of Russia's tragedy. There are not
      many of
      > these people left among us today, but these are the people who
      built our
      > church, and we cannot forget them.
      >
      > This seems to be a black and white issue in most people's minds.
      Although it

    • ourlittlecity@aol.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
        In a message dated 3/2/2003 5:28:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
        rdrjohn2000@... writes:

        > Very well written, Nick. I think you have some very good ideas here.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Rdr John
        > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, for4z@a... wrote:
        > >I am sure that if the hierarchs of the MP (notice: NOT priests or
        > mass of lay
        > >believers, but HIERARCHS) were to issue a collective statement,
        > asking for
        > >forgiveness for acting as organs of the KGB, and explaining that
        > what
        > >Metropolitan Sergius did was indeed a mistake, there will not be
        > anyone in
        > >our ROCOR that will not heed to accept the apology and rush for
        > brotherly
        > >dialogue and embrace. I think this is a very simple matter. It is
        > not so
        > >much a theological matter, as it is a matter of conscience.

        I believe it summerizes the traditional ROCOR position as I have learned it,
        both prior and after coming into ROCOR.

        Rdr john the lesser