Re: Met.Anastassy's Last Will and Testament of 1957

  • vkozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@skynet.be>
    Message 1 of 39 , Mar 1, 2003
      Dear subdeacon Most,

      Thank you for your response.

      You write:

      1. Sergianism - They've inherited that. In a few generations that
      should go away.

      I say:

      a. Never in her history did the Church teach about a heresy: "You may
      join it, it will disappear with time". One may never join a lie. The
      Church is the truth. There is no Church without truth. There is no
      salvation outside the Church.

      b. Sergianism, is saying that a sin of collaboration may be necessary
      to defend the faith against persecution. As was repeatedly said on
      this forum, not only is sergianism totally unorthodox, but it is a
      recurrent temptation in the history of persecutions against the
      Church. The Church will be persecuted again, and we must have clear
      ideas about this.

      You write:

      2. Ecumenism- They are a major Orthodox Church (probably the largest
      by number) and they DO live in the world, so they must communicate
      with the other religions, no matter how wrong they are.

      I say:

      Now you are apologising ecumenism. I will not enter this discussion.
      Ecumenism is a heresy and has been anathematised. If you do not take
      this into account, you are putting yourself out of the Church.

      You write:

      3. Schism- That too will heal if we only let the Holy Spirit work.

      I say:

      You may never say "I am joining the schism because with time it will
      heal". A schism is worse than a heresy and even martyrdom cannot
      redeem it. The essence of the Church is its unity. Breaking it is one
      of the worst possible sins.

      You write:

      4. Not being canonical - That very well may be, but are you sure that
      EVERY Orthodox Church faithful follow EVERY SINGLE cannon?

      I say:

      What I mean is that the MP is out of the apostolic succession, and
      thus is not a Church. You cannot, if you are a pseudo bishop, that is
      to say not a successor of the apostles, become one progressively as
      time goes by.

      You write:

      5. Attacks on ROCOR (grabbing Monasteries) Yes, that's true, BUT if
      the situation was reversed would ROCOR or another church grab their
      property? You never know. ( look at the situation on Mt. Athos).

      I say:

      This is irrelevant. If I had lived under Soviet rule, possibly I
      would have been a sergianist. The fact that I might have forcefully
      seized a monastery myself does not change the fact that doing so is a
      crime, whoever the author of the crime. I cannot say that stealing is
      not a sin because I might have stolen in given circumstances.

      In essence, what you are saying is the opposite of what the ROCOR has
      always taught. You cannot say "Out of love for men, let us betray the
      truth, and let us join the MP before it converts. God will see to it
      that the truth prevail eventually". This is unorthodox.

      You are right in saying that we should not expect quick results, but
      this does not in anyway entail that we should join the MP before it
      converts.

      "For if they have doctrines opposed to ours, it is not fitting to be
      mixed up with them for this cause alone. [...] What do you
      say? "Their faith is the same; these men are orthodox"? Why, then,
      are they not with us?" St. John Chrysostom

      "It is therefore unlawful, and a profanation, and an act the
      punishment of which is death, to love to associate with unholy
      heretics, and to unite yourself to their communion". St. Cyril of
      Alexandria.

      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, larry most
      <larrymost2002@y...> wrote:

      > GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      > Dear Vladimir Kozyreff,
      > I know all these things, but you must remember that they just
      emerged from a 75 year nightmare.
      > 1. Sergianism - They've inherited that. In a few generations that
      should go away.
      > 2. Ecumenism- They are a major Orthodox Church (probably the
      largest by number) and they DO live in the world, so they must
      communicate with the other religions, no matter how wrong they are.
      > 3. Schism- That too will heal if we only let the Holy Spirit work.
      > 4. Not being canonical - That very well may be, but are you sure
      that EVERY Orthodox Church faithfull follow EVERY SINGLE cannon?
      > 5. Attacks on ROCOR (grabbing Monastarys) Yes, that's true, BUT if
      the situation was reversed would ROCOR or anyother church grab their
      property? You never know. ( look at the situation on Mt. Athos)
      > I have always believed that Christ will take care of His Church. I
      certainly didn't expect the Moscow Patriarchal Church to be perfect
      after 75 years of intensive persecution. I'm sure that the only
      reason that it survived at all was through the help of the Holy
      Spirit.
      > As I said in one of my other posts "Rome wasn't built in a day"
      Please just remember "If it is true, it will stand, If not it will
      fall"
      > Love in Christ,
      > Sub-deacon Lawrence
      > "vkozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@s...>" <vladimir.kozyreff@s...>
      wrote:Dear Subdeacon Most,

      > I am not the Vladimir to whom you asked the question, but let me
      say
      > the following.
      >
      > You write ironically "because you sure know all of their faults".
      >
      > You know them too, if you are orthodox.
      >
      > Their faults are:
      >
      > 1. Sergianism
      > 2. Ecumenism
      > 3. Schism
      > 4. Not being canonical.
      > 5. Attacks on ROCOR (for instance, seizing of monasteries)
      > 5. Obstinacy in all of the above.
      >
      > What they should do is:
      >
      > 1. Renounce the above faults
      > 2. Repent
      > 3. Join orthodoxy
      >
      > Remark:
      >
      > You know all of this very well. This has always been the essence of
      > ROCOR's teaching.
      >
      > In God,
      >
      > Vladimir Kozyreff
      >

      > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, larry most
      > <larrymost2002@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      > > Dear Vladimir,
      > > Could you PLEASE tell me how the Moscow Patriiarchate could
      become
      > NOT heretical, because you sure know all of their faults
      > > Yours in Christ,
      > > Sub-deacon Lawrence Most
      > >
      > > VladMoss@a... wrote:In a message dated 27/02/03 01:10:31 GMT
      > Standard Time,
      > > StefanVPavlenko@n... writes:
      > >

      > > > So --allowing: building Churches, filling monasteries with
      > monks
      > > > and nuns, publishing Sacred Books and religious materials,
      > teaching
      > > > religion to children, having processions of the Cross with
      Icons
      > and
      > > > Holy Relics across the countryside, making pilgrimages to Holy
      > Sites,
      > > > blessing homes, offices, and factories, establishing chaplains
      > for
      > > > the military, baptizing, marrying, burying millions of
      Christians
      > all
      > > > over Russia--- is the same as flinging the faithful into Gulags
      > > > their death.
      > > >
      > > > The Holy Fathers of our Russian Orthodox Church would thank God
      > for
      > > > the changes and would have made the APPROPRIATE ADJUSTMENTS!
      > >

      > > First, heretics are heretics because they confess heresy, not (in
      > the first
      > > place) because they persecute anyone. So even if it were true
      that
      > the MP has
      > > ceased persecuting the Orthodox (which is emphatically not true),
      > it would
      > > not take away their heresy so long as they continue to confess it.
      > >
      > > Secondly, heretics cease being heretics only when they REPENT of
      > their heresy
      > > and anathematize it. That is the order laid down by the
      Ecumenical
      > Councils.
      > > Until then they are outside the Church.
      > >
      > > Thirdly, heretics must repent before those who have remained
      truly
      > Orthodox
      > > and seek to be readmitted into the Church of the True Orthodox.
      > That is what
      > > the repentant iconoclast bishops did before the Seventh
      Ecumenical

      Message 39 of 39 , Mar 8, 2003
        Vladimir Moss wrote:

        I have faith - that is,
        > certain belief - in the prophecies of the saints concerning the
        resurrection
        > of Holy Russia through a True Orthodox Tsar who will overthrow almost
        all the
        > hierarchs of the official church. You do not have this faith.

        JRS: Did it ever occur to you that what you are yearning for is quite
        contrary to the Canons?

        However, we ought not to be as concerned about the future, as about the
        present. Who can say how long any of us might live?

        Somewhere C. S. Lewis wrote that the communists lived for the future,
        and justified everything they did by the utopia that was to come. But
        while their expected utopia never came, what was real was all the
        destruction and murder they committed trying to achieve it.

        It is quite possible to live for a "future Tsardom" that we may never
        see. But all of the discord, the schisms, the confusion of the faithful
        supposedly justified by that future reign of justice on earth, is real
        enough.