Re: Acceptance of MP in our ROCOR

  • goossir <irene.goossens@cec.eu.int>
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2003
      Bravo Nick!

      I totally agree with you. It is very simple. You and Valentine say
      in two words what is exactly at stake.

      Thank you
      Irina Pahlen
      --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, for4z@a... wrote:
      > I am sure that if the hierarchs of the MP (notice: NOT priests or
      mass of lay
      > believers, but HIERARCHS) were to issue a collective statement,
      asking for
      > forgiveness for acting as organs of the KGB, and explaining that
      what
      > Metropolitan Sergius did was indeed a mistake, there will not be
      anyone in
      > our ROCOR that will not heed to accept the apology and rush for
      brotherly
      > dialogue and embrace. I think this is a very simple matter. It
      is not so
      > much a theological matter, as it is a matter of conscience.
      >
      > Despite all of the truly wonderful and miraculous manifestations
      of re-birth
      > in Russia, there are those, who rightly so, cannot allow
      themselves to
      > lovingly approach the MP until the aforementioned resolution takes
      place.
      > These are the people who experienced the Revolution and painfully
      lived
      > through every evil and sorrow of Russia's tragedy. There are not
      many of
      > these people left among us today, but these are the people who
      built our
      > church, and we cannot forget them.
      >
      > This seems to be a black and white issue in most people's minds.
      Although it

    • Reader John <rdrjohn2000@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
        Very well written, Nick. I think you have some very good ideas here.

        In Christ,
        Rdr John

      • ourlittlecity@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2, 2003
          In a message dated 3/2/2003 5:28:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
          rdrjohn2000@... writes:

          > Very well written, Nick. I think you have some very good ideas here.
          >
          > In Christ,
          > Rdr John
          > --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, for4z@a... wrote:
          > >I am sure that if the hierarchs of the MP (notice: NOT priests or
          > mass of lay
          > >believers, but HIERARCHS) were to issue a collective statement,
          > asking for
          > >forgiveness for acting as organs of the KGB, and explaining that
          > what
          > >Metropolitan Sergius did was indeed a mistake, there will not be
          > anyone in
          > >our ROCOR that will not heed to accept the apology and rush for
          > brotherly
          > >dialogue and embrace. I think this is a very simple matter. It is
          > not so
          > >much a theological matter, as it is a matter of conscience.

          I believe it summerizes the traditional ROCOR position as I have learned it,
          both prior and after coming into ROCOR.

          Rdr john the lesser