Re: [orthodox-synod] The suffering Russian Church.

  • StephenATL
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 26, 2003
      I think these petitions of the litanies should be edited to reflect the
      current situation.

      I use the Jordanville Prayerbook for my daily prayers; at the morning
      «Prayer for the Salvation of Russia» I edit it to say:

      O Lord Jesus Christ our God, forgive our iniquities. Through the
      intercessions of Thy Most Pure Mother, save ALL SUFFERING ORTHODOX
      CHRISTIANS, (ESPECIALLY THE SERBIAN AND PALESTINIAN ORTHODOX
      PEOPLES) from godless enemies and persecution.

      and the petition: Save, O Lord, and have mercy on ALL Orthodox
      Lands, and their people; both in the homeland and in the diaspora.
      Save also and have mercy on this *American* (German, French,
      Australian, English, etc........ substitute whichever) land and it's
      authorities.

      (Whether or not we should have full communion with the Serbs....... I
      see both sides of the argument and am torn between the two.......... I
      insist that we should still pray for them DAILY as they continue to
      suffer much from the godless Muslim Albanians and others.......)

      The poor Palestinian Orthodox Christians are being persecuted on two
      sides........ by the godless Jews and by their godless brother Muslim
      Palestinians. God save them!

      Stephanos