Re: [orthodox-synod] More on the 1945 Epistle by Metropolitan Anastassy

  • VladMoss@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 24, 2003
      lebedeff@... writes:

      > If this occurred now, and if there were photographs of Metropolitan
      > Anastassy standing next to the Dean of St. Paul's (who was probably
      > vested), giving a blessing to the Anglican flock--they would be plastered
      > all over the Internet as proof that the ROCOR was an ecumenist-heretic
      > organization.

      What are you saying, then, Fr. Alexander? That you would be quite happy to
      stand next to the Dean of St. Paul's today and bless his flock? I bet you
      they wouldn't fall on their knees in tribute to the martyred Russian Church!

      Tell me frankly: do you think it is right for you, as an Orthodox priest, to
      concelebrate with Anglican priests? If not, then why bring up this example,
      which refers to rather a unique occasion and concatenation of circumstances
      and sentiments, which would be unrepeatable today?

      As far as I can judge from your account, M. Anastasy did not actually
      concelebrate with the Anglicans. He blessed a flock that was deeply moved by
      the exploit of the Russian martyrs. That sentiment merited a blessing. I
      don't see it in the Anglican church now.

      Times do change, as you yourself noted.

      Vladimir Moss