Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Delivery Confirmation (was: Going Postal)

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 23, 2003
      Subdeacon Kirll Bart wrote:

      > Those regulations really doesn't matter, all what's matter is Fr. A.
      Lebed's perspectives. I think that he got his day making this clerk
      blush for doing his job and following regulations. This episode is a
      very good psychological explanation of what's going on with our Church.
      > Sorrowful subdeacon Kirill

      JRS: Very well then, what should Fr. Alexander have done?

      Not sent the packet?

      Said "I give up", and left the post office, with time wasted and
      nothing achieved? That doesn't make much sense to me.

      By the way, you have no idea what that packet may have contained -- or
      whom it was meant for.

      Years ago, I knew a starosta who was very much given to attacking
      priests in general, and his parish priest in particular -- saying
      everything he could against him.

      One day, when he was carrying on that way, an elderly lady, the
      daughter of a pre-revolution Russian village priest, asked him, "How do
      you know what he is doing right now? He may be carrying the Holy Gifts,
      or giving someone communion, and here you are attacking him and saying
      that you are against everything he does!"