[orthodox-synod] 1999 Southern Orthodox Missions Conference

  • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999
      1999 Southern Orthodox Missions Conference

      The Atlanta parishes, Our Lady Joy of All Who Sorrow and St. Mary of Egypt
      Church, and the Southern Deanery of the Russian Orthodox Church Abroad are
      pleased to announce the 1999 Southern Orthodox Missions Conference, which
      will be held in the city of Atlanta from November 12th-14th.

      The theme of this year's conference is Establishing Community Roots Through
      Personal Spiritual Growth. The conference will explore both the ancient
      Traditions of the Orthodox Church as well as how we are to fulfill our
      missionary obligations into the future.

      We will be blessed by the presence of three holy, miraculous icons:
      -- The Kursk-Root Icon of the Most Holy Theotokos, the Guide and Protectress
      of the
      Russian Church Abroad,
      -- The Myrrh-Streaming Icon of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker, and
      -- The Wonderworking Tikhvin Icon of the Mother of God.

      Our speakers will include Mitered Archpriest George Larin, pastor of Holy
      Protection Church in Nyack, New York, and Archpriest Konstantin Fedoroff.
      Fr. Konstantin, spiritual director of the Lesno Convent in France, will draw
      on his wealth of experience as a missionary working in Russia and in
      America.

      Registration deadline was October 1st, but registrations WILL CONTINUE to be
      accepted. The cost for the conference is $100 per person and includes ALL
      MEALS AND REGISTRATION COSTS. To register please send your name, address and
      phone number to Mrs. Larisa Williams, Southern Missions Conference, 35 Old
      Stratton Chase, Atlanta, GA 30328. Please make checks payable to "Joy of All
      Who Sorrow." Larisa's NEW E-MAIL address is: lmurianka@....

      Hotel and travel arrangements must be made individually. We have secured a
      special conference rate of $59/night at the Wingate Hotel near the
      conference site. Hotel arrangements may be made by calling Ms. Lamb at
      Wingate Hotel Registration, 770-649-0955. We truly hope to see each of our
      Faithful in dedication to God and His Holy Orthodox Church. We also warmly
      welcome any and all visitors.

      This is a wonderful opportunity to experience the living Faith and history
      of our Church: St. Seraphim of Sarov, whose Feastday we celebrated not long
      ago, was healed before the very Icon that will be in our midst in Atlanta.

      If you have any questions, please call our coordinator Larisa Williams at
      404-943-1204. NOTE: Larisa's NEW E-MAIL address is:
      lmurianka@....

      For more information about the conference, please see our website at
      http://www.monastery.org/conference .

      Elizabeth, a sinner
      and Perennial Student

      Personal WEB-page:
      http://www.mindspring.com/~ewriggs/church.htm
      JOY OF ALL WHO SORROW CHURCH
      Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
      6728 Campground Road
      Cumming, GA 30130
      http://www.avana.net/~fralexis
      1999 Southern Orthodox Missions Conference Website
      http://www.monastery.org/conference
      Save, O Lord, Thy people, and bless Thine
      inheritance; grant Thou unto Orthodox
      Christians victory over enemies; and by
      the power of Thy Cross do Thou preserve
      Thy commonwealth.