traditional Russian Orthodox coffins: www.kizhiwoodworks.com

  • nikolailukianov <nlukiano@aol.com>
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 17 1:51 PM
      Please allow me to take a moment of your time to introduce you
      to 'Kizhi woodworks'.

      Our efforts at Kizhi woodworks are focused on providing a traditional
      alternative to the existing secular burial casket selection. We are
      a family effort operating out of a small shop in Saxonville,
      Massachusetts. Visitors are always welcome. Our coffins are
      carefully hand made, mindfully following the shape and form passed
      down through generations at The Holy Trinity Monastery, Jordanville,
      New York.

      We utilize the finest prime select five-quarter old growth sugar
      pine, from the state of Washington. The exterior is a furniture
      quality finish in a soft golden mahogany color. The handles are
      polished brass. The interior of our coffin is softly padded and
      upholstered with fine unbleached muslin. We provide a head pillow,
      and an eight foot throw (savan), with an exquisitely embroidered
      cross. The throw is provided as a half drape during the panikhida
      and otpevaniye services, it is then tucked around the reposed prior
      to closing of the coffin, with the embroidered cross chest high. A
      simple cross is gold leafed on the cover. Dowels and latches provide
      a secure closing mechanism. Dimensionally, our coffin will fit
      within all standard burial vaults.

      Please keep in mind that by law you are free to select a coffin or
      casket from any source. Since we cannot afford to assume the cost
      margins required of suppliers by the funeral homes, it is necessary
      for individuals and parishes to contact us directly. We are priced
      competitively, and will deliver within 24 hours of your call
      throughout the North East to the funeral home of your choice. 24 or
      48 hour nationwide delivery is available.

      In addition to our coffins, we also build traditional wooden cemetery
      crosses, to your specifications.

      We at Kizhi woodworks welcome all church oriented consignments.
      All items are carefully designed and constructed to your complete
      satisfaction.

      Again, we appreciate your time interest, and support. Please tell
      your friends about us.

      Thank you,
      Nikolai R. Lukianov, proprietor
      Kizhi woodworks