[orthodox-synod] looking for a few books.

  • DEANCASCIO@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 1999
      I'm in need of some help in finding books that are currently published
      that deal with the Ecumenical Councils. I'm very simple minded but I would
      like to at least have a good overview. I know the Councils are a very lengthy
      subject but everything I've read only deals with a small subject area of the
      Councils and never gives a good overview.
      Thanks for your help.
      Dean
    • LJames6034@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 1999
        Dean,

        In virtually every library of any size in any city, there is a collection of
        books known as "The Nicene and Post-Nicene Fathers." In volume 14, which
        deals with the 7 Ecumenical Councils, you will find everything you want to
        know.

        Should you want to acquire a single copy of volume 14, it is availabe (for
        about $12, plus shipping) from Eerdmans Publishing Co., Grand Rapids, MI.

        I hope this helps.

        Father Andrew