[orthodox-synod] Orthodox England

  • Rev'd. Fr. Hierodeacon Symeon
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 29, 1999
      Dear Deacon David James,

      Glory to God in all things!

      You wrote:
      Subject: [orthodox-synod] Re: (Fwd) St. Fedor/Frederick

      >>From the latest issue of Orthodox England (Vol. 3., No. 1, Sep. 1999), p.
      20: "Although there is no St. Frederick as such, Frederick is the Germanic
      translation of the Greek Irene, meaning peaceful. Thus a man called
      Frederick could take the name Irenaios, after St. Irenaios, Bishop of Lyons,
      and a Frederika could take the name Irene, after, for example, the Great
      Martyr Irene." [...]<<

      Father, how might one subscribe to ORTHODOX ENGLAND here in USA? And what is
      the subscription fee?

      Appreciatively, in Christ,
      Fr. Hierodeacon Symeon of Syracuse

      Our Lady of Tender Mercy Western Orthodox Mission
      POB 476 University Station
      Syracuse, NY 13210-0476
      (315) 423.0339
      <orthodox@...>

      Our Lady's Mission
      http://www.geocities.com/~orthodoxwest

      St. Gregory's Press
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/7858/StGregoryPress.html

      San Symeon Western Orthodox Cyber-skete
      http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Ithaca/7858/

      Autonomous Orthodox Metropolitanate of Milan
      http://www.ccms.net/~milan
      "Blessed is the person whose desire for God has
      become like the lover's passion for the beloved"?
      + Saint John Climacus (c. 579-649)