[orthodox-synod] Re: The Pokemon Craze Yields Another ParentalAnxiety

  • LJames6034@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 23, 1999
      Pokemon?

      My children are grown. My son is in politics, in Ohio. That is roughly
      analogous to being in organized crime.

      What, me worry about some Japanese game?

      Guillaume IX, duke of Aquitaine, the great grandfather of Eleanor of
      Aquitaine, was given (as some others, who shall be nameless, are) to mocking
      others. Once, he mocked some monk so mercilessly, the monk turned on him
      and said: "I curse you. You and all your descendants. None of you will
      ever have peace with his children!"

      That, it seems to me, wasn't "nice." It also verges upon being silly, since,
      he might as well have said: "All your children will be born naked!"

      So far, it's worked.

      Kein angst. "Fear not."

      Father Andrew