Re: [orthodox-synod] Rather Confused

  • rev mark gilstrap
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2003
      From: "Paul O. BARTLETT"
      To: <orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com>; <orthodox-forum@yahoogroups.com>

      > I speak only English, and even within the ROCOR, the nearest
      > "English-speaking" parish is too far away for me to attend conveniently
      > and talk to the priest. (I have fallen on very hard times and cannot
      > afford the gasoline.)
      >
      > Any thoughts on what approach someone who is now an outsider might
      > take in what seems to be a messy environment? Thanks.

      I see from your postings elsewhere that you may live in Vienna
      Va. The ROCA cathedral in Washington DC is not so far
      away, and there is at least one clergyman there who lives on
      your side of town - within 5 miles or so. I'm sure a ride can
      be arranged. Call the Cathedral at 202-726-3000 or go to
      www.stjohndc.org. The clergy at the cathedral speak English
      well

      pr Mark