Re: The SF Cathedral Book

  • Michael Tscheekar
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2002

      > Speaking of photographs, has anyone seen the
      > recently published book about the San Francisco
      > Cathedral? I was thinking of buying it.

      I am happy to re-post my thoughts about this excellent book, originally
      written for the Orthodox Forum:

      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

      Father Deacon Dimitri of Holy Virgin Cathedral in San Francisco
      recently
      announced the publication of the Cathedral's 75th Anniversary Book,
      and
      I just received my copy.

      It is a magnificent full-color highest-quality illustrated hardbound
      book with dust jacket, 64 pages, 11 1/2 inches long by 9 inches tall.

      Chapter titles include: The Beginning; The Vision; Heaven on Earth; A
      Saint (St. John of San Francisco); Pastors; Worship - The Heart of
      the
      Cathedral. The color photography is spectacular. I highly recommend
      it.

      Here are the ordering details from Father Deacon Dimitri's original
      post:

      > From: FrDcnDimitri@...
      > Subject: Announcement: 75th Anniversary Book San Francisco
      Cathedral
      > Joy of All Who Sorrow
      > Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ
      >
      > Announcing the 75th Anniversary Book of our San Francisco
      > Cathedral of the Mother of God "Joy of All Who Sorrow"
      > The book, put together by ArchPriest Peter Perekrestov
      > is a beautiful hardbound full color "coffee table" book.
      > The book sells for $26.00 US Currency;including
      > Priority shipping.
      >
      > 5 copies sell for $115.00 including Priority shipping.
      > For a box of 20 copies or more, we will offer another 10%
      > discount!
      >
      > Please Contact me at FrDcnDimitri@...

      Mailing address is:

      Father Dcn Dimitri Jakimowicz