TELLING THE TRUTH IS DANGEROUS.....

  • Victor Artzimovitch
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2002
      Dear List,

      this document show how dangerous it is to be in contradiction to ex-Vl. Varnava!!!
      The so-called " French Clergy " have done much more harm to its ruling Bishop before being suspended.
      Victor Artzimovitch
      03/02/S
      1/14 December 2002
      Pr. Nahum

      To: Archpriest Joseph Sunderland

      UKASE

      This is to inform you that because of your activities clearly aimed at the creation of confusion and disorders among the clergy and flock of our Church, to wit:

      1.. Support of the usurpation of the Church power and the organization of an uprising against the Church leadership of ROCA by Fr. Victor Melekhov; and

      2.. Participation in an unlawful meeting, that was conducted without a blessing from the ROCA's First Hierarch, Metropolitan Vitaly, in Worcester, Mass. On Oct. 28/Nov. 10, 2002; and

      3.. Serving Liturgy on the territory of another diocese without the knowledge and blessing of its ruling Bishop.

      4.. Distributing over the Internet false information unlawfully using an Appeal to the entire Church (the right to address the entire Church belongs only to the Bishop's Council and the First Hierarch); and

      5.. The unlawful usage of the official ROCA(V) web site for publicizing your schismatic views; and

      6.. The usage of my name for justifying your uncanonical actions; and

      7.. Inadequacy to your position and behavior as a Dean, who should serve as a good example for the flock, rather than a destroyer of their spiritual wellbeing; therefore,

      You are hereby banned from the performance of your duties as Dean.

      I sincerely wish that you will come to realize how ruinous are the spirit and attitude that you are bringing into the church life and that you will humbly repent for this. I hope that our Lord Jesus Christ and His Purest Mother the Holy Theotokos will help you in this.

      To avoid further confusion, I am banning you from undertaking any church activity without my hierarchical blessing.

      As a preliminary, I am warning you that, should you disobey the Church Authority, you will be banned from serving as a priest.

      Let God help and enlighten you.

      +Vladimir, Bishop of Sacramento (signature)

      Questions/Comments admin@...
      © Copyright 2001- 2002 Russianorthodoxchurchinexile.com

    • goossir <irene.goossens@cec.eu.int>
      Message 2 of 11 , Dec 29, 2002
        Dear Victor Mihailovitch,

        I think we have met in Brussels in November.

        Regarding your mail:
        First: The bishop who signs this letter is Vl Vladimir, not Vl
        Varnava.
        Second: Could you please let us know what harm the French clergy
        did against their ruling bishop Vl Ambrose?
        For all I know, they protested against his nomination BEFORE he was
        their ruling bishop. They were not heard. Then, and only then,
        they refused to commemorated him.
        Third: If really they did some harm, tell me please why then the
        Fathers de Castellabajac (who were the main opponents in those days)
        did not apologise to Vl Ambrose when they repented to the Synod.
        Their reasons for not commemorating Vl Ambrose is still respected
        and accepted by the Synod.

        Perhaps, once for all, this gross contradiction could be explained
        to the poor "Vitalibans"?

        With my best regards,
        Irina Pahlen

        --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Artzimovitch"

        Message 3 of 11 , Dec 31, 2002
          Do you believe that it is Metr. Vitaly who is ruling ?
          Do you think that "so-called" (Vl.) Vladimir is able to say a word in the highly political games of ex-Vl. Varnava ?

          The "Vitalybans" are ruled by ex-Vl. Varnava , Mr. Joukoff, Mr Ivanov-Trinadsaty, Mr. Semenoff, etc.

          V.Artzimovitch

          <vartzimovitch@v...> wrote:
          > Dear List,
          >
          > this document show how dangerous it is to be in contradiction to
          ex-Vl. Varnava!!!
          > The so-called " French Clergy " have done much more harm to its
          ruling Bishop before being suspended.
          > Victor Artzimovitch
          > 03/02/S
          > 1/14 December 2002
          > Pr. Nahum
          >
          > To: Archpriest Joseph Sunderland
          >
          > UKASE
          >
          > This is to inform you that because of your activities clearly
          aimed at the creation of confusion and disorders among the clergy
          and flock of our Church, to wit:

          > 1.. Support of the usurpation of the Church power and the
          organization of an uprising against the Church leadership of ROCA by
          Fr. Victor Melekhov; and

          > 2.. Participation in an unlawful meeting, that was conducted
          without a blessing from the ROCA's First Hierarch, Metropolitan
          Vitaly, in Worcester, Mass. On Oct. 28/Nov. 10, 2002; and

          > 3.. Serving Liturgy on the territory of another diocese without
          the knowledge and blessing of its ruling Bishop.

          > 4.. Distributing over the Internet false information unlawfully
          using an Appeal to the entire Church (the right to address the
          entire Church belongs only to the Bishop's Council and the First
          Hierarch); and

          > 5.. The unlawful usage of the official ROCA(V) web site for
          publicizing your schismatic views; and

          > 6.. The usage of my name for justifying your uncanonical
          actions; and

          > 7.. Inadequacy to your position and behavior as a Dean, who
          should serve as a good example for the flock, rather than a
          destroyer of their spiritual wellbeing; therefore,

          > You are hereby banned from the performance of your duties as Dean.
          >
          > I sincerely wish that you will come to realize how ruinous are the
          spirit and attitude that you are bringing into the church life and
          that you will humbly repent for this. I hope that our Lord Jesus
          Christ and His Purest Mother the Holy Theotokos will help you in
          this.

          > To avoid further confusion, I am banning you from undertaking any
          church activity without my hierarchical blessing.

          > As a preliminary, I am warning you that, should you disobey the
          Church Authority, you will be banned from serving as a priest.

          > Let God help and enlighten you.
          >
          > +Vladimir, Bishop of Sacramento (signature)
          >
          > Questions/Comments admin@r...
          > © Copyright 2001- 2002 Russianorthodoxchurchinexile.com

        • Michael Nikitin
          Message 4 of 11 , Dec 31, 2002
            Don't forget that our Bishops sighned the "Anathema Against Ecumenism"
            and are not afraid to serve with those in ecumenism.

            ROCOR(V) has the same ecclesiology as our past hierarch's. They are against
            praying with heretics(MP and Serbs who are in WCC and pray with
            Fireworshippers and Latins) which ROCOR(L) does.

            What is wrong with that?

            They should be commended for keeping the Faith pure even if they do have
            some problems which with the Grace of God will be overcome.

            And who does Mr.Artzimovitch think is ruling ROCOR(L)?

            Michael N.

            From: "Victor Artzimovitch" <vartzimovitch@...>
            To: <orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com>
            CC: "goossir" <irene.goossens@...>

            http://www.hotmail.msn.com/cgi-bin/getmsg&HL=1216hotmailtaglines_smartspamprotection_3mf
          • vkozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@skynet.be>
            Message 5 of 11 , Dec 31, 2002
              Dear Victor Mikhailovich,

              You keep as many do, stating or implying that those who have followed
              Vl Vitaly are schismatic, wicked, fanatic, etc.

              "Schisms is the name applied to those who on account of
              ecclesiastical causes and remediable questions have developed a
              quarrel amongst themselves". (St. Basil's first canon). Where does St
              Basil say that the schismatic are the followers of Vl Vitaly more
              than those who followed Vl Lavr?

              You think they are schismatic, they think that they rightfully walled
              themselves off. Let us try to address this discrepancy by showing
              evidence, not by making counterproductive, unsubstantiated
              statements.

              Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God.
              Matthew 5:8-10)

              Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell
              together in unity! Psalm 133:1

              In God,

              Vladimir Kozyreff

              "There can be a senseless and evil division in the Church, but there
              can also be a good division, i.e., when that separation is from
              heresy. The Church teaches us that it is the heresiarchs that have
              already caused division through their separation from the Truth.

              But what are we to say when "spiritual" men do not separate
              themselves from a bishop that preaches heresy? How can this be?
              In our days, the days of false prophets and false teachers,
              World "Orthodoxy" has a multitude of "spiritual" people who know how
              to say beautiful and true things about the life of prayer and
              spiritual struggle; but when anyone asks them about matters
              pertaining to the Faith, they say that such things adversely affect
              the spiritual life and Christians ought not to be occupied with them….

              Since these people do not struggle for the Faith, they do not offend
              anyone, and they are on good terms with everyone.
              They are the most effective allies of Ecumenism. This terrible heresy
              could never take root without them, because they disarm precisely
              those who could be the most vital combatants for Orthodoxy. This is
              what Saint Isidore of Pelusium says about them:

              "Just as fishermen hide the hook with bait and covertly hook the
              fish, similarly, the crafty allies of heresy cover their evil
              teachings and corrupt understanding with pietism and hook the more
              simple, bringing them to spiritual death."

              Those who follow the teachings of spiritual fathers who belong to and
              defend ecumenistic jurisdictions do so at great peril to their souls.
              He that has ears to hear, let him hear."

              http://www.orthodoxpress.org/parish/OCW_1508.html

              <vartzimovitch@v...> wrote:
              > Do you believe that it is Metr. Vitaly who is ruling ?
              > Do you think that "so-called" (Vl.) Vladimir is able to say a word
              in the highly political games of ex-Vl. Varnava ?

              > The "Vitalybans" are ruled by ex-Vl. Varnava , Mr. Joukoff, Mr
              Ivanov-Trinadsaty, Mr. Semenoff, etc.

              > V.Artzimovitch

              Service.

            • Paul O. BARTLETT
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 31, 2002
                On Tue, 31 Dec 2002, Michael Nikitin wrote (excerpt):

                > ROCOR(V) has the same ecclesiology as our past hierarch's. They are against
                > praying with heretics(MP and Serbs who are in WCC and pray with
                > Fireworshippers and Latins) which ROCOR(L) does.

                Back when I was still an Orthodox Christian (under the
                jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside Russia "ROCOR")
                there was only one such jurisdiction. Could someone please email me
                and explain what this "ROCOR(V)" and "ROCOR(L)" business is. Thanks.

                --
                Paul Bartlett
                bartlett at smart.net
              • goossir <irene.goossens@cec.eu.int>
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1 3:43 AM
                  --Dear Victor Mihailovitch,

                  I see that you simply refuse to answer my questions and you prefer
                  slander. It leads us nowhere.
                  Your suspicion of Vl Varnava's "highly political games" is just
                  ludicrous for anyone who knows him. He lives in France not in
                  Canada. How could he control Vl Vitaly?
                  Does it not cross your mind that the problems now arising around Vl
                  Vitaly could be the result of the signed pact between Vl Lavr and L.
                  Rosnianskaia?
                  See in http://www.russianorthodoxchurchinexile.com/silver.html

                • stefanvpavlenko <StefanVPavlenko@netscap
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 1 5:53 PM
                    --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "goossir <irene.goossens@c...>"
                    <irene.goossens@c...> wrote:

                    > Your suspicion of Vl Varnava's "highly political games" is just
                    > ludicrous for anyone who knows him. He lives in France not in
                    > Canada. How could he control Vl Vitaly?
                    >Irina Pahlen

                    And yet with Metropolitan Vitaly, Bishops Sergious, Vladimir,
                    Bartholemew in North America, monk Varnava makes a Deacon and a reader
                    for an American parish. Why would such a thing need to occur?

                    > Does it not cross your mind that the problems now arising around Vl
                    > Vitaly could be the result of the signed pact between Vl Lavr and L.
                    > Rosnianskaia?

                    It seems that it was hoped that the Metropolitan could reside at the
                    Convent Novo Diveevo near NY. It was a concession to the Metropolitan's
                    own >>>insistence<<< to allow Mrs. Rasnyanskaya to continue being his
                    care taker, declawed and neutralized it was hoped. As it turned out
                    she took advantage of all parties concerned and having reunited with
                    the Metropolitan she reasserted her previous devious position.

                  • Michael Nikitin
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 2 5:53 AM
                      It was Metr.Vitaly who did not want to go to Novo-Diveevo with
                      L.Rosnianskaia after Metr.Laurus signed the secret agreement with her.

                      Michael N.

                      From: "stefanvpavlenko <StefanVPavlenko@...>"
                      <StefanVPavlenko@...>
                      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
                      Date: Thu, 02 Jan 2003 01:53:01 -0000

                      <irene.goossens@c...> wrote:

                      > Your suspicion of Vl Varnava's "highly political games" is just
                      > ludicrous for anyone who knows him. He lives in France not in
                      > Canada. How could he control Vl Vitaly?
                      >Irina Pahlen

                      And yet with Metropolitan Vitaly, Bishops Sergious, Vladimir,
                      Bartholemew in North America, monk Varnava makes a Deacon and a reader
                      for an American parish. Why would such a thing need to occur?

                      > Does it not cross your mind that the problems now arising around Vl
                      > Vitaly could be the result of the signed pact between Vl Lavr and L.
                      > Rosnianskaia?

                      It seems that it was hoped that the Metropolitan could reside at the
                      Convent Novo Diveevo near NY. It was a concession to the Metropolitan's
                      own >>>insistence<<< to allow Mrs. Rasnyanskaya to continue being his
                      care taker, declawed and neutralized it was hoped. As it turned out
                      she took advantage of all parties concerned and having reunited with
                      the Metropolitan she reasserted her previous devious position.

                      > See in http://www.russianorthodoxchurchinexile.com/silver.html
                      >
                      > Irina Pahlen
                      >
                      > - In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Victor Artzimovitch"
                      > <vartzimovitch@v...> wrote:
                      > > Do you believe that it is Metr. Vitaly who is ruling ?
                      > > Do you think that "so-called" (Vl.) Vladimir is able to say a word
                      > in the highly political games of ex-Vl. Varnava ?
                      > >
                      > > The "Vitalybans" are ruled by ex-Vl. Varnava , Mr. Joukoff, Mr
                      > Ivanov-Trinadsaty, Mr. Semenoff, etc.
                      > >
                      > > V.Artzimovitch

                    • Catherine
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 2 8:46 PM
                        I assume the ROCOR (V) and ROCOR (L) refer to ROCOR
                        when the Metropolital was either Vitaly or Laurus. I
                        do find very sweeping generalities posted here, and
                        some seem not to be well informed, so I wouldn't worry
                        too much about it however!

                        =====
                        Catherine

                        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                      • stefanvpavlenko <StefanVPavlenko@netscap
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jan 3 12:26 AM
                          --- In orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, "Michael Nikitin"
                          <mikeniki@h...> wrote:
                          > It was Metr.Vitaly who did not want to go to Novo-Diveevo with
                          > L.Rosnianskaia after Metr.Laurus signed the secret agreement with her.
                          >
                          > Michael N.

                          Metropolitan Vitaly chose not to go to Novo-Deveevo, true, but it was
                          his insistence that L. Rasnyanskaya continue being his prime care
                          taker. If you insist that he did not, you reveal that you know nothing
                          of the Metropolitan's personal preferences. Not one person, who has
                          ever been in his service since L.R. took up her position, can claim
                          that he would choose anyone else. The allowance was a concession to
                          >>HIS<< request. As it is the subject is moot, because Rasnyanskaya,
                          retook her position and now the clergy who surrounded the Metropolitan
                          in Mansonville have the exact same problems as had been exposed in NY.
                          Archpriest Stefan Pavlenko