Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Re Moscow Patriarchy

  • V. Boitchenko
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 28, 2002
      Father,

      I sense nothing in your post but politics, politics, and politics. It appears that you are upset about secular authorities because it does not meet your own preferences. Church is beyond that. If I may quote our Lord: "Put not your trust in princes in the sons of men..."

      I fail to see how the return to Soviet symbolism can be considered "just
      politics". Waving the red flag again, singing the Soviet anthem, toasting
      Stalin (this is what Putin has done), are by no means simply political
      gestures. The Church of Russia led by Patriarch Tikhon anathematised the
      Bolsheviks and all those who cooperated with them. When, after a period of
      relative freedom, we see a KGB agent as president and a distinct "warming" to
      all things Soviet, this can only be seen as an alarming sign for all truly
      Orthodox Christians.

      Vladimir Moss