Re: [orthodox-synod] ROCA Stats

  • Hristofor
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 13, 2002
      Elizabeth,

      I know in our parish when the last questionnaire came, it was answered by
      the whole parish council, though for the life of me, I don't know why. The
      answers given were certainly truthful and were fairly harmless. It was
      viewed with such suspicion though. I can imagine the reaction if questions
      were added about cradle vs convert Orthodox! There probably would be a revolt.

      Even for the individual parish, it would be probably very useful
      information to get a count of attendance for the Holy Week/pascal Services,
      as well as at Christmas and the parish Feast. It would be helpful to
      identify those that only attend those services, see if they are members,
      try to get them to become members etc.

      I understand that parish mailing lists are also treated as State Secrets in
      some parishes. And I don't know why. Do parishes not want their faithful to
      receive petitions (for assistance) from other parishes? Are they afraid
      their parishioners will be "parish-napped"?

      It would be so much simpler if everyone was just assigned a parish, based
      on their geographical area, just like in Old Russia!

      Hristofor