Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: The Orthodox Episcopate of the Russian persecuted Churc

  • Michael Nikitin
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      The last Patriarch will condemn Sergianism if it fools ROCOR into union with
      them. Does one think it is hard for him to say that Sergianism was wrong and
      that he repents of it?

      The point is not a few mere words. The issue of repenting of Sergianism
      (which is no longer) is not as important as ECUMENISM which is the pressing
      heresy at the moment. The MP has to show they are not in ECUMENISM by their
      actions and stop praying with the Latins and other heretics.

      Why is ECUMENISM skirted over as though it's not an issue but in reality is
      a bigger issue than Sergianism. The MP is very much in ECUMENISM which is
      the "herersy of heresies" as our Metr. Vitaly
      stated.

      Michael N.

      From: byakimov@...
      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: The Orthodox Episcopate of the Russian
      persecuted Church
      Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:30:04 +1100

      The last soviet "patriarch" has not repented & to this time defends metr
      Sergei betrayal
      as a brave act. If we take the "patriarch'" last words on sergianism then
      one must conclude
      that he is trying to rehabilitate metr. Sergei & applaud the
      collaboration of the MP with
      the communists/KGB etc as a necessary evil which saved the MP
      administration, church
      buildings etc.... Judas Iscariot is also being rehabilitated by some in
      this world that he was a
      Jewish patriot who wanted to save his people etc.. Do you really believe
      the last soviet
      "patriach" will condemn his own cowardly kind.....

      unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra

      "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> on 28/11/2002 12:25:01 AM

      To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
      cc:
      persecuted Church

      Vladimir Kozyreff wrote:

      Presently, Sergius's successor, Alexis II does not renounce sergianism
      (see preceding posts), and the rest of the clergy subordinate to him,
      supposedly having become free, does not renounce it either. What does the
      committee on the unity think about this?

      Perhaps it would be helpful if you were to specify how Patriarch Alexy
      II could, to your satisfaction, "renounce Sergianism", along with his
      clergy.

      Surely you know that he did this [in the eyes of most of us] over 10
      years ago, when he publicly repented of his words and actions under
      Soviet rule.

    • Benjamin William Champley Waterhouse
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        > The MP has to show they are not in ECUMENISM by their
        > actions and stop praying with the Latins and other heretics.

        What is the evidence for this?

        In Christ
        Sinner Cat Benjamin
      • larry most
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
          GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
          Dear Michael,
          Don't we pray each Liturgy for the "Unity of the Church and for peaceful times" ?
          Do we NOT want Unity, and if not why not?
          I'm just wondering
          Love in Christ,
          Sub-deacon Larry

          From: byakimov@...
          To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
          persecuted Church
          Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 08:30:04 +1100

          The last soviet "patriarch" has not repented & to this time defends metr
          Sergei betrayal
          as a brave act. If we take the "patriarch'" last words on sergianism then
          one must conclude
          that he is trying to rehabilitate metr. Sergei & applaud the
          collaboration of the MP with
          the communists/KGB etc as a necessary evil which saved the MP
          administration, church
          buildings etc.... Judas Iscariot is also being rehabilitated by some in
          this world that he was a
          Jewish patriot who wanted to save his people etc.. Do you really believe
          the last soviet
          "patriach" will condemn his own cowardly kind.....

          unworthy protodeacon Basil from Canberra

          "Fr. John R. Shaw" <vrevjrs@...> on 28/11/2002 12:25:01 AM

          To: orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com, orthodox-synod@yahoogroups.com
          cc:
          persecuted Church