Font/Display problems..........

  • StephenATL
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      Setting your 'Fixed Width' (Monospace) fonts to the "latest version" of :

      Andale Mono, Currier New or Lucida Console

      Will help display 'plain-text' e-mails with all the proper characters.
      You need to make sure you have the latest versions of these fonts. If
      you have a new computer, or Microsoft Word or WordPerfect 2000 or
      later, you will have these fonts. If not, I'm not quite sure what to
      do. "Monopolysoft" (Microsoft) used to offer these and other fonts
      for free dowload, but they have removed free public access to them.

      Hope this helps,

      Stephanos
      least among sinners
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Dear Stephanos,

        I am using Eudora 5.1 with Adobe's Warnock Pro font, which has European
        accented, old Russian orthography and Greek in Open Font format and I did
        not see the fractions either, even though they are included in the font.

        Unfortunately, non Latin alphabet e-mail seems to be hit and miss:
        sometimes I can read everything and sometimes I can't.

        I am loather to switch to Outlook, due to the numerous viruses, but will
        check out Netscape...

        Hristofor