Re: An appeal from the parish dedicated to Saint John the Russian

  • goossir
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 25 5:34 AM
      May I ask you kindly who is the bishop that you will be
      commemorating in your new Church?

      Yours in Christ,
      Irina Pahlen

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., byakimov@c... wrote:

      > Dear brothers and sisters in
      Christ !

      > Following the turmoil that appeared in our Church, the
      parishoners of the Russian Orthodox
      > Church Abroad in Lyon wishing to remain faithful to the
      Holy Synod have founded a parish
      > dedicated to Saint John the Russian. With God´s help, for this
      purpose we have rapidly found a
      > suitable location, consisting of a small building surrounded by
      several rooms, and have almost
      > finished to set up the church. In February 2003, after six
      months of renting, we will have the
      > option of buying the premises - for approximately
      54 000 €- or of leaving.
      > Apart from the renovation undertaken and the need to
      entirely equipe our church, we will
      > therefore also have to quickly find funds for this
      acquisition. With the blessing of His
      > Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, we ask for your help and for your
      prayers for the safeguard of our
      > Church in Lyon and for the construction of a new church in
      honour of the Great Miracle Worker
      > Saint John the Russian, whose feast is celebrated on the
      27th May/9th of June. May the Lord
      > reward your
      kindness !

      > All help can be sent
      to :

      > Association cultuelle St. Jean le
      Russe,
      > 4 petite rue de la Viabert F - 69006
      Lyon.
      > Banque Populaire Loire et
      Lyonnais

      > Code Banque : 13907 N° de compte : 80431742005
      Clé :32

      > Priest Quentin de
      Castelbajac