link to lenten Thanksgiving feast

  • aleksandrasamuelevna
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 24, 2002
      This weekend we had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Many of us
      will celebrate with non Orthodox family although we are in a fast.
      This popped up on my screen and may be useful.
      http://channels.netscape.com/ns/holidays/default.jsp
    • (matushka) Ann Lardas
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 25, 2002
        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "aleksandrasamuelevna" <sandra@g...>
        wrote:
        > This weekend we had a traditional Thanksgiving meal. Many of us
        > will celebrate with non Orthodox family although we are in a fast.
        > This popped up on my screen and may be useful.
        > http://channels.netscape.com/ns/holidays/default.jsp

        Dear Sandy,

        Thank you! From the Orthodox List Archives there are recipes with
        follow-up from six years ago when Thanksgiving fell on a fast day.
        The links are long, so if you cut and paste, make sure you get the
        whole thing:

        A step by step analysis of how to make the traditional meal fasting:

        http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?
        A2=ind9610E&L=orthodox&P=R2377&I=-3

        Here's a follow-up written afterwards (John was two.):

        http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?
        A2=ind9611E&L=orthodox&P=R2597&I=-3

        And someone else posted a recipe for fasting pumkin pie:

        http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?
        A2=ind9610E&L=orthodox&P=R3200&I=-3

        and here's the follow-up review:

        http://listserv.indiana.edu/cgi-bin/wa?
        A2=ind9611A&L=orthodox&P=R6675&I=-3

        Wishing everyone a blessed feast and a fruitful fast.

        In Christ,
        (matushka) Ann Lardas