Re: [orthodox-synod] An appeal from the parish dedicated to Saint John the Russian

  • Sandra Thompson
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 24, 2002
      May God bless you endeavors! You have my prayers. Please pray for our
      parish as we are using the next year to acquire funds to begin construction
      of new building.
      Aleksandra
      from Cinti.

      At 01:28 PM 11/21/2002 +1100, you wrote:

      > Dear brothers and sisters in Christ
      > !
      >

      > Following the turmoil that appeared in our Church, the parishoners
      > of the Russian Orthodox
      > Church Abroad in Lyon wishing to remain faithful to the Holy
      > Synod have founded a parish
      > dedicated to Saint John the Russian. With God´s help, for this purpose
      > we have rapidly found a
      > suitable location, consisting of a small building surrounded by
      > several rooms, and have almost
      > finished to set up the church. In February 2003, after six months of
      > renting, we will have the
      > option of buying the premises - for approximately 54
      > 000 €- or of leaving.
      > Apart from the renovation undertaken and the need to entirely
      > equipe our church, we will
      > therefore also have to quickly find funds for this acquisition.
      > With the blessing of His
      > Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, we ask for your help and for your prayers
      > for the safeguard of our
      > Church in Lyon and for the construction of a new church in honour of
      > the Great Miracle Worker
      > Saint John the Russian, whose feast is celebrated on the 27th
      > May/9th of June. May the Lord
      > reward your kindness
      > !
      >

      > All help can be sent to
      > :
      > Association cultuelle St. Jean le
      > Russe,
      > 4 petite rue de la Viabert F - 69006
      > Lyon.
      > Banque Populaire Loire et
      > Lyonnais
      > Code Banque : 13907 N° de compte : 80431742005 Clé
      > :32
      >

      > Priest Quentin de
      > Castelbajac
      >

      > Starosta Ivan
      > Savykine

    • Ryan Thompson
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 24, 2002
        May St. John guide both of your parishes in thier efforts to find a home. Please also pray for St. Panteleimon's in Minneapolis. Our parish building iis nearing its 100th birthday and is in need of major renovations. Please keep our little parish in your prayers as we begin to sort out what must be and can be done to save our Xpam.
        Rdr. Tikhon
        Sandra Thompson <sandra@...> wrote:May God bless you endeavors! You have my prayers. Please pray for our

      • goossir
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 25, 2002
          May I ask you kindly who is the bishop that you will be
          commemorating in your new Church?

          Yours in Christ,
          Irina Pahlen

          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., byakimov@c... wrote:

          > Dear brothers and sisters in
          Christ !

          > Following the turmoil that appeared in our Church, the
          parishoners of the Russian Orthodox
          > Church Abroad in Lyon wishing to remain faithful to the
          Holy Synod have founded a parish
          > dedicated to Saint John the Russian. With God´s help, for this
          purpose we have rapidly found a
          > suitable location, consisting of a small building surrounded by
          several rooms, and have almost
          > finished to set up the church. In February 2003, after six
          months of renting, we will have the
          > option of buying the premises - for approximately
          54 000 €- or of leaving.
          > Apart from the renovation undertaken and the need to
          entirely equipe our church, we will
          > therefore also have to quickly find funds for this
          acquisition. With the blessing of His
          > Eminence Metropolitan Laurus, we ask for your help and for your
          prayers for the safeguard of our
          > Church in Lyon and for the construction of a new church in
          honour of the Great Miracle Worker
          > Saint John the Russian, whose feast is celebrated on the
          27th May/9th of June. May the Lord
          > reward your
          kindness !

          > All help can be sent
          to :

          > Association cultuelle St. Jean le
          Russe,
          > 4 petite rue de la Viabert F - 69006
          Lyon.
          > Banque Populaire Loire et
          Lyonnais

          > Code Banque : 13907 N° de compte : 80431742005
          Clé :32

          > Priest Quentin de
          Castelbajac