[orthodox-synod] Fw: URGENT CALL FOR ACTION TODAY!

  • alypius
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 1999
      -----Original Message-----
      From: Tomislav Novakovic <tomislav@...>
      To: tomislav@... <tomislav@...>
      Date: Saturday, June 12, 1999 1:43 AM
      Subject: [atlanta-serbs] URGENT CALL FOR ACTION TODAY!

      Ladies & Gentlemen:

      Please let me introduce myself. I am Joseph Cafasso. I am the
      Lobbyist assisting Ben Work bringing a Serb Delegation onto
      the Hill Next Week.

      We have a very big problem, and I am asking for your immediate
      assistance. at 0120 GMT, The U.S. June 8 voted to block funds
      for the reconstruction of Serbia as long as President Slobodan
      Milosevic stays in power.

      I have been in touch with Dave Vurich in VA who is immediately
      going onto the Hill in the morning. I will be working the phones
      in New Jersey all day. We are going to try to BLOCK this
      amendment in the House of Representatives.

      I ASK EACH ONE OF YOU TO PASS THIS E MAIL AND MAKE
      PHONE CALLS TO YOUR FELLOW COUNTRYMEN.

      YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR US SENATOR AND
      CONGRESSMAN TELLING THEM YOU DO NOT APPROVE
      OF WHAT THE SENATE PASSED LAST EVENING. TELL
      YOUR CONGRESSMAN THAT YOU WANT HIM TO S T O P
      THIS AMENDMENT FROM BEING RATIFIED BY THE HOUSE.

      PLEASE, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT YOUR PHONE CALLS
      WILL HELP US GET THE DELAY WE SEEK.

      God Bless and Thank You
      Joseph Cafasso
      732-541-8663