What an absurd question!

  • °­º´¼Û
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 5, 2002
      A person who is studying in america asked me the following question.
      He knew only protestant and Roman catholic.
      But after lving in america he become to know orthodox church.

      He traveled in internet. He went syriac church, coptic, indian,
      orthodox...
      He loved homepages of ROCOR because of their many articles.
      He don't like the ill attitude about ecumenical.
      Nevertheless, He loved the homepages belong to ROCOR.

      So, I said to them that it is said that ROCOR is not canonical church.

      He asked me.
      "What is cnonical?"
      I wrote to them that I copied from Korean orthodox hompage belonged
      to constantinople.

      But He asked me to me again.
      " Then canonical = communism?
      why all of canonical orthodox church are in communist area?
      Do constantinople and ancient patriarches try to read the face of the
      chrches in comuunist area?"

      I said to them
      " It's not true."

      But they said to me.
      " korea is under the threat of communist."
      " We don't hope to be the christian of communist."

      Is orthodox church communist?
      Are constantinople.... communist?....

      They love ROCOR.
      But becaus of not being of canonical one,
      H denied orthodox....

      What an absurd question!

      http://www.korea-orthodox.org