Re: [orthodox-synod] The Moscow Patriarchate is a product of the Soviet regime

  • larry most
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 4, 2002
      GLORY TO JESUS CHRIST - GLORY TO HIM FOREVER
      Dear List,
      I am replying to this post because #1 I am Russian Orthodox, #2 I now am a member of a wonderful ROCOR mission #3 I was a member of a great OCA parish, and #4 I know people who are members of an MP parish in this country (USA).
      I am wondering if instead of us telling the other jurisdiction how EVIL, and WRONG they are, why don't we try praying to the Holy Spirit for help in this matter? Some times I think that we are our own worst enemy. I always thought that we are to pray for our enemies, whoever they may be. I almost cry when I see how one Orthodox jurisdiction accuses the other of being communist, or full of Masons, or what ever. Could we look for the goodness in others? Please
      Yours in Christ,
      Sub-deacon Larry
      vkozyreff <vladimir.kozyreff@...> wrote:Dear List,

      As father Alexander says, there are hardly any canonical rules that
      are more strict than those that forbid clergy and laity to separate
      themselves from their bishops and create a schismatic group. (Message
      6822).

      The schismatic Moscow Patriarchate is a product of the Soviet regime;
      its bishops were in the service of the KGB, or were recruited by the
      security services of the Soviet government. The MP schism was born
      ideologically following the 1927 schismatic Declaration of Met.
      Sergius, and legally established as a Soviet institution on Stalin's
      personal order on September, 4, 1943. It was organised by the NKVD
      during a two week-schismatic council that appointed Met. Sergius as
      its schismatic "Patriarch". The schismatic hierarchy of the MP has
      the same relation to the Russian Orthodox Church as the Soviet
      communist power to the historical Russia that existed before the 1917
      revolution.

      The Russian Orthodox Church Abroad originates from the historical
      Russian Orthodox Church which has been in existence since the baptism
      of Russia until 1918. The legitimacy of the presence of the ROCA
      abroad is illustrated by the establishment abroad, of the first
      Russian churches in the 17th century as a consequence of the
      diplomatic and cultural relationship that Russia had with many
      countries: in Stockholm since 1640, in London since 1710, in North
      America since 1783, in China since 1795, in South America since 1889
      etc.

      Joseph took Jesus and his pure mother to Egypt to escape the
      persecution of the Tyrant. Later, when the persecutor died, he
      returned with the holy Family to his homeland. In the same way,
      Russia is the natural and legitimate homeland to the ROCA, from which
      her clergy fled together with three-million flock, to escape the
      persecution of the Tyrant.

      Some bishops in our Church suggest that the schismatic MP is
      our "Mother Church", that we should join it and that refusing to do
      so is being schismatic and fanatic. They insist on the fact that they
      have authority on us and that therefore, we must obey them and follow
      their schismatic path. They do not specify whether those views are
      private or official, but they clearly define their deeds.

      Must we obey those bishops if we do not want to go into schism?
      Remember, there are hardly any canonical rules that are more strict
      than those that forbid clergy and laity to separate themselves from
      their bishops and create a schismatic group.

      In God,

    • Catherine Sullivan
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 4, 2002
        Great idea, Larry. I have somewhat the same story as
        you, and know that there is goodness and piety in ALL
        jurisdictions. Surely we can hold faithful to our own
        jurisdictions without being nasty and jusdgemental of
        those in others??

        =====
        Catherine

        HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now