A ROCiE parish reviews the Synod website

  • cantor71
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2002
      It may be of interest to some, especially those who don't read
      Russian, to know to what degree ROCOR(V) is busy keeping tabs on what
      the rest of us are doing. For example, on the website of the St.
      Tikhon Parish in Moscow, http://www.ortodoxz.narod.ru/, they are kind
      enough to provide reviews of other websites including that of ROCOR
      (L) – even updated from time to time!

      Below is my rough translation. (Note that I am unable to render it
      with precision since my command of vitriolic Russian is not that
      great, but you'll get the idea.)

      Let's put it in context. Several months ago their review of the
      new ROCiE site said,

      "In comparison to the `old testament' structure, etc., of
      the official site of ROCOR(L), the site of ROCOR(V) addresses the
      contemporary needs of electronic publications of this nature. Most
      important, documents adopted in the Synod office which are the
      subject of consideration by the hierarchs are not kept secret or
      silenced. The `politburo-style' closed nature, the
      `KGB-type' secrecy of the `lavrite' site, are clearly
      attested to by the fact that the last publication on it was way back
      on 22 February 2002."

      And when you scroll down, under the heading, "Pro-MP sites,"
      one finds:

      "The Official site of ROCOR(L), published in New York in Russian
      and English. To what has already been said about the site it may be
      added that the current `chronic silence' on any subject on
      this site is, without a doubt, connected to `not saying too
      much' about the desired partners from the MP."

      So ROCOR(L) came up with a new site - and our reviewer recently
      responded with a new assessment:

      "This is a completely new site of the `lavrites' in terms
      of design – bewitching, bluish-yellow, with photos, coloured
      lining, sweet in all respects … that is, it would be fully
      suitable as the banner of a modelling, perfume, women's or indeed
      a `gay' establishment, but in no way for a Church, which
      nevertheless continues to bear a glorious name."

      There's just no satisfying some people!

      reader George Skok
      Toronto
    • boulia_1
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 31, 2002
        Dear George,

        Thanks for a chuckle. FYI, I went to the link you provided, and found
        not a church site, but a russian portal (sort of like yahoo), with ads
        for a porn site, software piracy and other stuff of high moral
        caliber. ... grrrrreat.

        How sad it is, actually....

        best regards,
        Elizabeth

        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "cantor71" <gskok@i...> wrote:
        > It may be of interest to some, especially those who don't read
        > Russian, to know to what degree ROCOR(V) is busy keeping tabs on
        what
        > the rest of us are doing. For example, on the website of the St.
        > Tikhon Parish in Moscow, http://www.ortodoxz.narod.ru/, they are
        kind
        > enough to provide reviews of other websites including that of ROCOR
        > (L) – even updated from time to time!
        >
        > Below is my rough translation. (Note that I am unable to render it
        > with precision since my command of vitriolic Russian is not that
        > great, but you'll get the idea.)
        >
        > Let's put it in context. Several months ago their review of the
        > new ROCiE site said,
        >
        > "In comparison to the `old testament' structure, etc., of
        > the official site of ROCOR(L), the site of ROCOR(V) addresses the
        > contemporary needs of electronic publications of this nature. Most
        > important, documents adopted in the Synod office which are the
        > subject of consideration by the hierarchs are not kept secret or
        > silenced. The `politburo-style' closed nature, the
        > `KGB-type' secrecy of the `lavrite' site, are clearly
        > attested to by the fact that the last publication on it was way back
        > on 22 February 2002."
        >
        > And when you scroll down, under the heading, "Pro-MP sites,"
        > one finds:
        >
        > "The Official site of ROCOR(L), published in New York in Russian
        > and English. To what has already been said about the site it may be
        > added that the current `chronic silence' on any subject on
        > this site is, without a doubt, connected to `not saying too
        > much' about the desired partners from the MP."
        >
        > So ROCOR(L) came up with a new site - and our reviewer recently
        > responded with a new assessment:
        >
        > "This is a completely new site of the `lavrites' in terms
        > of design – bewitching, bluish-yellow, with photos, coloured
        > lining, sweet in all respects … that is, it would be fully
        > suitable as the banner of a modelling, perfume, women's or indeed
        > a `gay' establishment, but in no way for a Church, which
        > nevertheless continues to bear a glorious name."
        >
        > There's just no satisfying some people!
        >
        > reader George Skok
        > Toronto
      • cantor71
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
          Try this - it opens from here in Canada!

          http://www.ortodoxz.narod.ru/

          I tkae it from your postings that you're in Germany now? How did that
          come about?

          George Skok

          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "boulia_1" <eledkovsky@h...> wrote:
          > Dear George,
          >
          > Thanks for a chuckle. FYI, I went to the link you provided, and
          found
          > not a church site, but a russian portal (sort of like yahoo), with
          > for a porn site, software piracy and other stuff of high moral
          > caliber. ... grrrrreat.
          >
          > How sad it is, actually....
          >
          > best regards,
          > Elizabeth

        • Kiril Bart
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 1, 2002
            Thanks George for providing us with this link, I found
            letter exchange of Fr. Tikhon Korzushin with Vl.
            LAurus of highly interesting nature. Thanks again.
            Subdeacon Kirill

            --- cantor71 <gskok@...> wrote:
            > Try this - it opens from here in Canada!
            >
            > http://www.ortodoxz.narod.ru/
            >
            > I tkae it from your postings that you're in Germany
            > now? How did that
            > come about?
            >
            > George Skok
            >

            > --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "boulia_1"
            > <eledkovsky@h...> wrote:
            > > Dear George,
            > >
            > > Thanks for a chuckle. FYI, I went to the link you
            > provided, and
            > found
            > > not a church site, but a russian portal (sort of
            > like yahoo), with
            > > for a porn site, software piracy and other stuff
            > of high moral
            > > caliber. ... grrrrreat.
            > >
            > > How sad it is, actually....
            > >
            > > best regards,