[orthodox-synod] Re: Fr Seraphim of Platina

  • Orthodixie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 4, 1999
      Fr. Alexey Young's review of the book, "Not of This World," is available
      online at:

      http://www.roca.org/oa/126-127/126p.htm

      This is probably the best place to start.

      Fr Joseph Huneycutt
      Orthodixie@...

      In a message dated 9/4/1999 10:29:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
      peacock_e@... writes:

      > Subj: [orthodox-synod] Re: Fr Seraphim of Platina
      > Date: 9/4/1999 10:29:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
      > From: peacock_e@... (Edward D. Peacock)
      > To: orthodox-synod@egroups.com ('orthodox-synod@egroups.com')
      >
      > File: Unknown (2483 bytes)
      > DL Time (49333 bps): < 1 minute
      >
      > Dear Fr. Huneycutt,
      >
      > Fr. Bless!
      >
      > Could you explain this statement in some more detail? I read and loved
      this
      > book as well. My husband is presently reading this. Being fairly new to
      > Orthodoxy, we were not really aware of the details of the Platina situation
      > following Fr. Seraphim's demise.
      >
      > What are the lies and the agenda to look out for in this book?
      >
      > We would appreciate your enlightenment so we can know what to look out for
      > here.
      >
      > In Christ,
      > Makrina
      >
      > 2) Prior to coming into ROCOR, "Not of This World" was our bookstore's
      best

      > seller It never -- not once -- turned anyone off from the Church Abroad.
      > Even then, I always warned them of the book's Hermanite agenda. (It's
      > painfully obvious!) Yet, in the Church Abroad, I'm fully aware that we
      are

      > not to sell this book for obvious reasons (lies & agenda, etc.). We no
      > longer carry it. However, prior to our reception into the Church Abroad,
      > this book changed many lives and -- almost to a soul -- those folks are
      > still
      > members of this community.
    • Edward D. Peacock
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 4, 1999
        Thank you, Father. This is most informative!

        peacock_e@... writes:

        > Subj: [orthodox-synod] Re: Fr Seraphim of Platina
        > Date: 9/4/1999 10:29:08 AM Eastern Daylight Time
        > From: peacock_e@... (Edward D. Peacock)
        > To: orthodox-synod@egroups.com ('orthodox-synod@egroups.com')
        >
        > File: Unknown (2483 bytes)
        > DL Time (49333 bps): < 1 minute
        >
        > Dear Fr. Huneycutt,
        >
        > Fr. Bless!
        >
        > Could you explain this statement in some more detail? I read and loved
        this
        > book as well. My husband is presently reading this. Being fairly new to
        > Orthodoxy, we were not really aware of the details of the Platina situation
        > following Fr. Seraphim's demise.
        >
        > What are the lies and the agenda to look out for in this book?
        >
        > We would appreciate your enlightenment so we can know what to look out for
        > here.
        >
        > In Christ,
        > Makrina
        >
        > 2) Prior to coming into ROCOR, "Not of This World" was our bookstore's
        best

        > seller It never -- not once -- turned anyone off from the Church Abroad.
        > Even then, I always warned them of the book's Hermanite agenda. (It's
        > painfully obvious!) Yet, in the Church Abroad, I'm fully aware that we
        are

        > not to sell this book for obvious reasons (lies & agenda, etc.). We no
        > longer carry it. However, prior to our reception into the Church Abroad,
        > this book changed many lives and -- almost to a soul -- those folks are
        > still
        > members of this community.

        Accurate impartial advice on everything from laptops to tablesaws.
        http://clickhere.egroups.com/click/552

        eGroups.com home: http://www.egroups.com/group/orthodox-synod