Re: Where does forgiveness figure in all of this?

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
      Dear Elias,

      God can forgive any sin if the sinner confesses it. Our pardoning the
      MP is irrelevant here. The question is not about the MP offending us
      but about its betrayal of Christ and our uniting with that treason or
      not.

      What we discuss is whether or not we should to board their ship,
      knowing that sergianism has persecuted Christ, that the MP still
      claims it was the right thing to do in spite of not being threatened
      any more, that the MP associates itself with the panheresy of
      ecumenism and that it is an enemy of the Truth, which is defended by
      our Church.

      "The holy apostles, the holy fathers and teachers of the Church, the
      holy martyrs, call upon us, for the sake of Truth, to withdraw from
      falsehood, from the imminent kingdom of Antichrist, and to struggle
      in love for Christ, that we may be written "in the Book of Life of
      the Lamb, Who was slain from the foundation of the world. If any man
      have an ear, let him hear."

      http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/english/pages/poslania/statementof
      synod.html

      Some still believe that we should stand firm, and are persecuted as a
      consequence.

      "Now it is required that those who have been given a trust must prove
      faithful". (1 Corinthians 4:1-3)
      "Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely
      say all kinds of evil against you because of me". (Matthew 5:10-12)