Southern Mission's Conference

  • Theodora Wright
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 26, 2002
      This year, our Southern Mission's Conference will be hosted by the Joy of
      All
      Who Sorrow parish in Atlanta, Georgia. The activities will take place in a
      hotel
      near the church and all meals and lodging will be included in the
      registration fee,
      based upon double occupancy. The schedule will be filled with services,
      lectures
      and southern hospitality!

      Schedule

      Friday, November 15th

      Akathist to the Mother of God in the parish church at 7:00 PM

      Saturday, November 16th

      Breakfast (on your own near hotel)
      Morning Prayers in the conference room at 9:15 AM
      Greetings by Bishop Gabriel
      First Lecture, 9:45 AM

      Fr. Deacon Anthony Bridges, "Making English a Sacred Language"
      Fr. Anthony is attached to the Joy of All Who Sorrow parish and is a
      professional technical writer for the Siemen's Corporation.
      His topic relates how the mission, while preserving traditional Orthodoxy,
      may embark on the goal of sanctifying our liturgical language.

      Second Lecture, 11:00 AM

      Fr. Alexis Duncan, "St. Feofil of Kiev"
      Fr. Alexis is the rector of Joy of All Who Sorrow parish. This is the 150th
      anniversary of the repose of the beloved fool-for-Christ's sake, St. Feofil
      of Kiev. His life is inspiring for all Orthodox Christians and timely.

      Lunch, an informal prepared lunch with free time

      Third Lecture, 1:00 PM

      Fr. Peter Jackson, "Reaching Out"
      Fr. Peter is the rector of Ss. Theodore Church in Buffalo, NY. He has
      considerable experience in mis- sionary efforts and will address our
      problems in reaching out to those around us.

      Round Table Questions and Answers with clergy, 2:00-3:00
      Choir rehearsal at the church 3:00 PM
      3:30-5:00 Parish Bookstore (at church) open for browsing
      5:00 PM Vigil
      8:00 PM Dinner at local restaurant (included in registration fee)

      Sunday, November 17th

      Meeting of the Hierarch at church 9:00 AM followed by the Hours and
      Hierarchical Divine Liturgy
      "Grits and Balalaika", Lunch "on the grounds" with fellowship and
      entertainment by the Atlanta Balalaika Ensemble

      Please see our web page for the conference at:

      www.orthodoxinfo.biz

      Online registration and further information is available there.
    • Theodora Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 27, 2002

        > This year, our Southern Mission's Conference will be hosted by the Joy of
        > All
        > Who Sorrow parish in Atlanta, Georgia. The activities will take place in a
        > hotel
        > near the church and all meals and lodging will be included in the
        > registration fee,
        > based upon double occupancy. The schedule will be filled with services,
        > lectures
        > and southern hospitality!
        >

        > Schedule
        >
        > Friday, November 15th
        >
        > Akathist to the Mother of God in the parish church at 7:00 PM
        >
        > Saturday, November 16th
        >
        > Breakfast (on your own near hotel)
        > Morning Prayers in the conference room at 9:15 AM
        > Greetings by Bishop Gabriel
        > First Lecture, 9:45 AM
        >
        > Fr. Deacon Anthony Bridges, "Making English a Sacred Language"
        > Fr. Anthony is attached to the Joy of All Who Sorrow parish and is a
        > professional technical writer for the Siemen's Corporation.
        > His topic relates how the mission, while preserving traditional Orthodoxy,
        > may embark on the goal of sanctifying our liturgical language.
        >
        > Second Lecture, 11:00 AM
        >
        > Fr. Alexis Duncan, "St. Feofil of Kiev"
        > Fr. Alexis is the rector of Joy of All Who Sorrow parish. This is the
        150th
        > anniversary of the repose of the beloved fool-for-Christ's sake, St.
        Feofil
        > of Kiev. His life is inspiring for all Orthodox Christians and timely.
        >
        > Lunch, an informal prepared lunch with free time
        >
        > Third Lecture, 1:00 PM
        >
        > Fr. Peter Jackson, "Reaching Out"
        > Fr. Peter is the rector of Ss. Theodore Church in Buffalo, NY. He has
        > considerable experience in mis- sionary efforts and will address our
        > problems in reaching out to those around us.
        >
        > Round Table Questions and Answers with clergy, 2:00-3:00
        > Choir rehearsal at the church 3:00 PM
        > 3:30-5:00 Parish Bookstore (at church) open for browsing
        > 5:00 PM Vigil
        > 8:00 PM Dinner at local restaurant (included in registration fee)
        >
        > Sunday, November 17th
        >
        > Meeting of the Hierarch at church 9:00 AM followed by the Hours and
        > Hierarchical Divine Liturgy
        > "Grits and Balalaika", Lunch "on the grounds" with fellowship and
        > entertainment by the Atlanta Balalaika Ensemble
        >

        > Please see our web page for the conference at:
        >
        > www.orthodoxinfo.biz
        >
        > Online registration and further information is available there.

      • Fr. Alexis Duncan
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 30, 2004
          Southern Mission's Conference
          Mobile, Alabama
          October 30-31, 2004

          The Southern Mission's Conference in Mobile Alabama is
          approaching. Everyone is urged to participate and announce
          to parishioners the wonderful resource this offers. The
          conference is always successful and beneficial. This year,
          the parish of St. John of San Francisco hosts the conference
          and dedicates it to his memory.

          Nikolai Lukianov of San Francisco will deliver an address on
          Vladika St. John. Speakers include Fr. Anastasy Yatrelis of
          Charleston, SC and Fr. John Moses of Middlebrook, VA.

          Please prayerfully consider supporting Fr. Alexander Logunov
          and his parish by attending and encouraging others to
          attend. Their web site has full information.

          http:geocities.com/rocor_mobile/conference.htm