[orthodox-synod] Update on the Ol' Curmudgeon

  • Dr. Elizabeth W. Riggs
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 27, 1999
      Dear Friends,

      I have been touched and heartened by the responses I have received, not only
      on the list, but via personal e-mails and phone calls. Thank you VERY much.

      Prayer works. Here's the scoop: Ted's heart attack was, thankfully, mild.
      His catheterization showed 90% blockage of 3 places on the LEFT (not right -
      I misspoke previously) coronary artery. Today they did an angioplasty and
      placed 2 stents (one stent took care of two of the blockages). If my old
      reprobate behaves himself and does well tonight, he will come home tomorrow
      (Saturday). They will let him go back to work on Monday, but his boss
      (again, thankfully) doesn't want to see his face until at least Wednesday,
      and is trying to convince him to take the entire week off. At the least, he
      has enough computer work to do that he could work from home all week...
      Well, we'll see just how successful that little argument is... :-)

      I'm tired, weary to the bone, but much relieved. And here's the incredible
      part: I'm going out of town the end of next week and will be gone for 4
      days. If this happened while I was away, I would probably have come home to
      a dead husband - he had convinced himself that he had a "pinched nerve" in
      his back that was causing the severe arm pain and "some" chest pain. That
      idiot would have stayed home and gone to the chiropractor 6 hours later when
      he opened... if he didn't arrest on the way there! If it had to happen (and
      it was inevitable - I KNEW he was going to have one) at least it happened
      when I was home to recognize it and browbeat him into going to the hospital.
      And he got there and received treatment before major damage occurred.

      God guided the cardiac people's hands for the catheterization and the
      angioplasty - although they initially weren't sure if the blockages would be
      amenable to angioplasty, given his age (50) they decided to try that first -
      and it went absolutely snicker-snack. He was back in the room demanding
      lunch in less than 2 hours!

      So, I'm on my way to bed, gotta be at the "horspistol" at 6:30AM to be sure
      I don't miss the Docs when they come by. Ted comes home on the Dormition of
      the Theotokos - a truly joyous feast!

      Feeling bouyed by your kindness, your prayers, and your caring.

      With much love in Christ,

      Elizabeth Riggs, a sinner
      and Perennial Student

      Personal WEB-page:
      http://www.mindspring.com/~ewriggs/church.htm
      JOY OF ALL WHO SORROW CHURCH
      Russian Orthodox Church Abroad
      6728 Campground Road
      Cumming, GA 30130
      http://www.avana.net/~fralexis
      Save, O Lord, Thy people, and bless Thine
      inheritance; grant Thou unto Orthodox
      Christians victory over enemies; and by
      the power of Thy Cross do Thou preserve
      Thy commonwealth.