Re: [orthodox-synod] Father Alexander's Letter

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2002
      Katya Breschneva wrote:

      >Dear Brothers and Sisters!
      >
      >I would like to make some comments on the letter of
      >Father Alexander Lebedeff, posted on August 1, 2002.

      [snip]

      [Fr. Alexander]

      >draws
      >conclusions based not on knowledge of the facts, not
      >on firsthand observation of the situation, but on a
      >one-sided report from a party who is accused of
      >serious transgressions by a senior bishop of ROCOR.

      This well-crafted sarcastic response to my posting has only one serious
      flaw: its premise is false.

      Actually, I have many sources of information about what is going on in
      Chicago---not just the party you mention--sources both among the clergy and
      among the laity.

      I would never have expressed my opinion on this matter if I had had only
      one source.

      But--thanks for your kind words about me, anyway.

      And-- you are correct about the difficulties of dealing with the
      temptations of Southern California--specifically Hollywood, where our
      Cathedral is located (just one block from Sunset Blvd., and four blocks
      from Hollywood Blvd., and just a couple of hundred feet from the infamous
      Hollywood Tropicana female mud and oil wrestling establishment).

      We need your prayers as we struggle to bring souls closer to God and His
      Holy Church.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff