Service of Supplication with an Akathist to the Mother of God before the Kursk Icon

  • byakimov@csc.com.au
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 5, 2002
      Dear All
      For your information & please pass to all who live in Canberra & nearby
      locations. In this our 50th Jubilee of the Parish all are WELCOME
      to attend our services

      Russian Australia Rejoices
      The First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia
      arrived at the Australian and New Zealand Diocese with the Protectress
      of the Russian Diaspora for the 10th ROCA Youth Conference (12 -21
      July).
      On Wednesday, 10 July at 6 a.m., the Protectress of the Russian
      Diaspora, the Miracle-working Kursk-Root Icon of the Most-Holy Mother
      of God. The Icon was brought from the Western American Diocese by His
      Eminence, the First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of
      Russia, Metropolitan Laurus.

      On Monday, 22 July, the Miracle-working Kursk-Root Icon of the
      Mother of God departed Australia for Brazil with Protopriest
      George Petrenko & subsequently has returned to Australia & now
      accompanied by his Grace Archbishop Hilarion will visit all of
      our parishes & monasteries.

      Service of Supplication with an Akathist to the Mother of God before the
      Kursk Icon will be served at 7pm on Friday 16 August 2002 at St
      John the Forerunner Church in Canberra. His Grace Hilarion,
      Archbishop of Sydney, NZ & Australia will serve with our local
      clergy. The Holy ICON will remain with us for Sunday Liturgy at 9
      am (also Saturday 5pm) which will be served by His Grace
      Archbishop Hilarion.

      Holy Transfiguration Monastery

      After the service the Archbishop will then accompany the ODIGITRIYA to
      the Monastery for the Transfiguration Feastday.

      protodeacon Basil from Canberra