Re: Rename the List?

  • vkozyreff
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 1, 2002
      Dear Father Alexander, bless.

      Thank you for answering and for expressing appreciation for clarity.
      My thirst for it is still not satisfied, however.

      I wrote: "I think that even those who did not separate from the Synod
      should know why those disturbing repeated cases of apparent communion
      with heretics are considered as insignificant".

      You replied: "the Church Abroad does not consider the Serbians or New
      Calendarists to be heretics, and never has".

      How can you state such a thing, knowing the message of Patriarch Paul
      to the Pope: «We cordially thank you for your kind invitation to come
      to Assisi on January 19, 1993, in order to address our Lord in a
      common prayer ... You communicated to us that this prayer will be
      attended by representatives from the Roman Church and from other
      European confessions, as well as by representatives from Islam and
      other great religions ... You can be assured, Your Holiness, that
      during this day, given by God, we will be in communion of prayer with
      You ...». Is this not blatant ecumenism in its most naked form? Is
      this not what our Church has anathematised?

      Moreover, what I had in mind was not as much the communion with the
      Serbian Church, as the communion of Vl Ambrose with the MP, which is
      not less ecumenist and did evidently never renounce sergianism (see
      quotation of the MP in my message of yesterday: "The
      term "sergianism" has been used in the polemics lead by
      representatives of the ROCOR with the MP and expresses an attitude
      that is hostile to the actions of metropolitan Sergius (subsequently
      Patriarch of Moscow and all Russia)...The use of the
      term "sergianism" in the discussions is undesirable, as it is not
      neutral, and in itself expresses a certain position").

      In conclusion, dear Father Alexander, I am still more confused. So
      many serious contradictions in our circles can express only a state
      of deep spiritual disintegration that only sincere search for the
      truth can heal, in my opinion.

      I beg your prayers.