Re: [orthodox-synod] The Saints of America

  • tallscapes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 31, 2002
      > > *Blessed Maria (Skobtsóva) of Paris, Beloved Martyr
      > > of Ravensbrück

      Greetings,
      Please explain the relevance of Maria Skobtsova as a potential saint for
      North America. All the others have some specific connection to North America
      (for
      example Vl St Nikolai lived here and reposed here). I am lacking this
      information.
      Peter Brandt-Sorheim

      +++ Sooft ich auch zu Dir um Hilfe rufe, Du hörst mich in Deinem Heiligtum,
      von Deinem Berg her schichst Du mir Antwort. Ganz ruhig kann ich mich
      schlafen legen, weil Du mich beschützt bis ich morgens erwache.
      +++ Voce mea ad Dóminum clamávi, et exaudívit me de monte sancto suo. Ego
      decúbui et obdormívi; exsurréxi. quia Dóminus susténtat me.
      +++ With my voice I cry unto the Lord and from His holy mountain He hears
      me. I lay me down and sleep; in the morning I arise for Thou dost keep me.

    • nectarios@iveron.org
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        She isn't, I forgot to delete her from the list...