Re: Vladimir Kozyreff

  • joeswaydyn2000
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 26, 2002
      I think the issue is not so much *new* or *old*, it is a difference
      of mindset. To many of the 'old' school (and though I am new, I much
      prefer the 'old') it seems strange that many with a new mindset find
      their home in ROCOR (I am not saying anyone here has a new mindset,
      but that was what started this) that does not agree with them. This
      is not cold-heartedness or parochialism (as it took me forever to
      learn) but a guarded approach to Orthodoxy that the Synod is famous
      for.

      As for whether or not people all unite with ROCOR for reasons of
      faith, I think it is safe to say that agents of various colors
      have 'slipped by', even to the chagrin of Metr Philaret of blessed
      memory, who wrote of the 'enemies of the Church blowing up the Sobor
      from within'. Who are they? No one knows, and in truth, many are
      likely dead.

      As for 'old' in the Church to have deep seated beliefs, it should be
      noted that Abp Mark is *also* pretty old. As they say 'age ain't
      nuthin but a number'.

      Joseph

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., catherine elaine sullivan <flicka68@y...>