Syezd in Sydney in July ?

  • Andrei Souprounovich
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 23, 2002
      Dear list-members,

      S prazdnikom on the feast of Pentecost.

      I was wondering how many people, (a lot / a few) are coming from overseas to
      the youth conference being held at Sydney in the week following the feast of
      Sts Peter and Paul. I live 900 kms south, in Melbourne, and am currently
      trying to decide whether I'm going to go. (major points being money :-),
      time off work, wanting to go elsewhere for holidays later in the year). Of
      course I should go; whether or not people are coming from overseas, but I'm
      just interested if anyone is. Vladika Lavr is coming from Jordanville, or
      is it New York? He's coming to Melb. for the 21/7 (or 7/21 for those of you
      living in America).

      The info on this syezd is at the diocese web-site at rocor.org.au. If
      anyone is suffering from heat in the northern hemisphere, then now is the
      time to come south; it's a little cooler here. But.... we don't have snow
      here (unless you're on the snow fields in the mountains), even in the dead
      of winter. Also, if you're from the US, your dollar will get you good
      value; as our currency has lost quite a bit, against the greenback, in the
      last 15 years.

      Best wishes and festal greetings.
      Andrei Soup.