St. Theodosia

  • Kiril Bart
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 11, 2002
      Christ is Risen!
      Today, Holy Church of Christ celebrating a Feast of
      St.Martyr Theodosia. She was born from a woman, who
      wasn't able to conceive, by her faith and prayers.
      At the age of 8 she was entered the monastery, by
      promise of her mother. After her parents passed away,
      St. Theodosia give all her inheritance to the poor and
      needy and continue to live in a monastery. During the
      reign of iconoclast she and other nuns from that
      monastery was witnessing how one solder get on a
      ladder to remove an Icon of Christ from above the
      gates to the monastery. They push this ladder and
      solder felt (in some texts he was killed). After that
      she was imprisoned and tortured. She died in prison
      defending our Orthodox Faith from innovators. She is a
      good example for our days full of apostasy and
      indifference. Saint Theodosia, pray to God for us!
      Subdeacon Kirill

      http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com