For Jean-Claude

  • Reader Michael Malloy
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 7, 2002
      Christ is Risen!

      Jean-Claude -

      I'm sorry, I do not live in Pataskala. Actually, I'm on the other side of
      Franklin County.

      Our parish is pretty conservative, or "traditional" if you like. We use a
      lot of English, and almost exclusively Russian music. It would be best to
      talk in private for more details.

      I would very much like to correspond with you, but I can't get past Yahoo's
      password system.
      Please try to write to me directly. If I type out my e mail address, Yahoo
      will scramble it. SO...
      Here it is in little pieces, some assembly required:

      malloy.2 @ osu . edu

      (Just take out the spaces: malloy dot two at osu dot edu)

      ------End of Message ------

      Reader Michael Malloy
      Choir Director
      Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker (OCA)
      Columbus Ohio
      (malloy.2@... = mmalloy@...-state.edu)

      "A Psalm is the tranquility of souls, the arbitrator of peace, restraining
      the disorder and turbulence of thoughts, for it softens the passion of the
      soul and moderates its unruliness. A Psalm forms friendships, unites the
      divided, mediates between enemies. For who can still consider him an enemy
      with whom he has set forth one voice to God? So that the singing of Psalms
      brings love, the greatest of good things, contriving harmony like some bond
      of union and uniting the people in the symphony of a single choir."

      St. Basil the Great; in: Strunk, W. Oliver (William Oliver), 1901- comp.:
      Source readings in music history from classical antiquity through the
      romantic era. New York, Norton [1950]