asking prayers for a cancer sufferer Marvelyn

  • C. Y.
    Message 1 of 3 , May 22, 2002
      Update on Marvelyn...

      ---Fr. Jim wrote:---
      > Marvelyn will be in our prayers. Also, I'm forwarding
      > this to our bulletin board.

      Thank you Father Jim,

      Her surgery lasted about 5 hours, she is now in ICU and is very much in
      pain, two thirds of her stomach were covered in a large tumor. So they
      reconstructed her stomach and removed all the cancer that they could find.
      It is quite miraculous that the doctors were not able to find any cancer in
      her blood stream and the tumor was concentrated in just one area. Truly God
      is great!!

      I stood next to her in the ICU and she opened her eyes and looked at me and
      smiled, even though she was in intense pain. She told me before the surgery
      that, that was her worst fear, waking up and finding no loved ones were
      there. But we were.. The doctors will run tests tomorrow to see if there
      is any more cancer. I anointed her with oil from St. Nektarious' Vigil and
      prayed very hard. Everyone in the family is praying with great intensity.
      During times of heartache, our Aunty Marvelyn was always there to help ease
      other peoples pain so now it is our turn. I thank all who have kept her in
      your prayers, but it is still not over. Please pray that the doctors were
      able to remove all the cancer and that she may get up from her sickbed.
      When I called on for prayer from various Orthodox from around the world, I
      tell you, I noticed good things starting to happen instantly in all areas.
      The Power of prayer!

      God is truly great indeed..

      You are all in my heart and my prayers.

      In Christ's Love,
      Chad Nectarios

      Message 2 of 3 , May 22, 2002
        We were praying here in the southern tier of NY state. Glad things are going
        well so far for your aunt.

        LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
        http://launch.yahoo.com
      • Theodora
        Message 3 of 3 , May 22, 2002
          She is in our prayers and may the Lord keep and watch over her, family, and
          all. May God grant her many years for she is clearly much loved.

          Theodora in the mountains