RE:The Rocor Website

  • Gerald Herrin
    Message 1 of 45 , May 20, 2002
      Dear All,

      While a website is a useful adjunct, I do not see it as an essential
      part of the Church. Unfortunately every denomination or would be
      denomination in the United States that has access to a clerical garb
      catalogue and a computer can project an image of substance. A website
      can be misleading at worst, wishful thinking sometimes. Even for those
      of us isolated from a parish as I am, the best source for information,
      for solace, for advice, remains our parish priest. Yes, the professional
      quality of a website does look good, but it does take money. Such people
      who create and maintain a website do not work for free, nor should they.
      I just happen to feel that the money at least potentially involved in it
      could be well spent elsewhere.
      This is just my two cents worth and it comes from one who uses the web
      frequently.

      Isaac

      Gerald Herrin
      geraldherrin@...
      "Exaudi, domine, deprecationem meam, ne deficiat anima mea sub
      disciplina tua..."
      Augustine, Conf. I.xv.
    • P. Joshua Hatala
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 9, 2002
        I have kind of a silly question. I haven't been able
        to gather much information regarding the Church's
        stance(or lack thereof) towards tattoos. If anyone has
        any info, insights, stories, etc. regarding
        tattoos(particularly Christian oriented tattoos)
        within the church it would be much appreciated. Are
        there any known priests with tattoos?
        Thanks!

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com