Re: [orthodox-synod] The Rocor Website

  • morechoff@aol.com
    Message 1 of 45 , May 19, 2002
      As been stated many times here in this forum and others, the ROCOR website is
      terrible as best! I do not even see the Paschal message on the website.
      ROCOR should bit the bullet and spend a few dollars (not cheap I do
      understand) developing a site that adequately "advertises" ROCOR. After all
      websites are advertisements as well as a means of disseminating information
      to its flock and the world. Events occurring within ROCOR should be
      documented. For example, Bishop Mitrofan's funeral is not mentioned at all on
      ROCOR's website. Bishop Alexander took it upon himself to place pictures of
      the funeral on his website.

      The website development is best left to professionals. If memory servers me
      correctly from a previous email to this forum, it was stated that Father
      Peter Perekrestov had stated he has little or no experience developing
      websites. Besides he, most likely, has little time to do so anyway.

      The OCA website IS phenomenal! The site has Metropolitain Theodosius'
      Paschal Message on video and is available in text format in many languages.
      The Russian Orthodox Church had its Paschal services available live via
      video. This is what ROCOR should be doing as well.

      The ROCiE website is also much better that ROCOR's and was put up in a very
      short time.

      ROCOR needs to take initiative and develop a good website that will
      disseminate information and be a window to ROCOR. Could it possible deviate
      some of the legal expenses it is incurring in fighting ROCie to developing a
      website?

      An excellent website can be developed. There are parishes within ROCOR that
      do have excellent websites.....

      PS
      Leaving ROCOR to form an OCA mission is not the answer as the writer of the
      email has suggested.
    • P. Joshua Hatala
      Message 45 of 45 , Jun 9, 2002
        I have kind of a silly question. I haven't been able
        to gather much information regarding the Church's
        stance(or lack thereof) towards tattoos. If anyone has
        any info, insights, stories, etc. regarding
        tattoos(particularly Christian oriented tattoos)
        within the church it would be much appreciated. Are
        there any known priests with tattoos?
        Thanks!

        http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com