RE: [orthodox-synod] Digest Number 597

  • Fr. Alexander Lebedeff
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 26, 2002
      At 08:47 AM 4/25/02 -0700, you wrote:
      >I am looking for a copy of the Ostromir gospels of the 11th century, a
      >reprint if one was ever made. Please return email.
      >Regards,
      >Dan Shubin

      A beautiful, full size, color facsimile edition was printed in Russia about
      twenty years ago--very heavy and very impressive--about the size of a large
      altar gospel. I bought it at Victor Kamkin's in New York, but I am sure it
      is out of print as the print run was very small, -- too small even to
      accommodate all University libraries.

      With love in Christ,

      Prot. Alexander Lebedeff