Youth Retreat - Memorial Day Weekend

  • Fr. Gregory Joyce
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 23, 2002
      Dear Fathers, Brothers, & Sisters,

      With the blessing of Archbishop Alypy and the St.
      Herman of Alaska Executive Committee, St. Sergius�s
      Cathedral of Parma, OH and St. Vladimir�s Church of
      Ann Arbor, MI are pleased to announce the First Annual
      Memorial Day Youth Retreat. This year�s retreat will
      be held over the Memorial Day weekend (May 24-26,
      2002) at St. Vladimir�s Church in Ann Arbor. The cost
      of the retreat is quite minimal: $50. This price
      includes housing and all meals for the first 25 young
      people who send in their registration forms and fees.
      Why the first 25? We have secured 25 places at St.
      Vladimir�s parishioners� homes for the young people
      who will attend the retreat from outside the Ann Arbor
      area! Those who are not among the first 25
      registrants will have to secure their own housing.
      Please note, the registration deadline is May 17th.

      We will have two wonderful speakers at the retreat:
      Fr. Martin Swanson from St. Basil�s Church in St.
      Louis, and Fr. Paul Basset from St. George�s Church in
      Cincinnati. In addition to these great speakers we
      will have several other clergymen attending to aid us
      with the panel discussions and the Divine Services.
      Mr. George Skok, Choir Director of Holy Trinity Church
      in Toronto, will join us to lead the choir in
      association with St. Vladimir�s own Choir Director,
      Mrs. Julia Easson-Meyer.

      The weekend will include lectures, question and answer
      periods, choir rehearsals, Divine Services sung by the
      retreat participants, and social activities (including
      a barbecue on Sunday afternoon/evening after the
      Divine Liturgy). We had hoped that Archbishop Alypy
      would join us for the weekend, but due to his recent
      accident he will not be able to attend. However, we
      are working hard to find another of our bishops to be
      with us for this wonderful event.

      Registration forms will be available on 4/24/02 at St.
      Vladimir�s web site:

      http://www.stvladimiraami.org

      Please page down to #3 in the Announcements section.

      If you have any trouble downloading the forms, please
      contact me directly.

      Please pass the word to your
      parishioners/friends/loved ones! We look forward to
      seeing you over the Memorial Day weekend!

      Fr. Gregory Joyce

      =====
      Rev. Fr. Gregory Joyce
      St. Vladimir Russian Orthodox Church, ROCOR
      Ann Arbor, MI
      e-mail: ogrisha@...
      parish web page: http://www.stvladimiraami.org
      pager: (734) 651-9784
      This email meant only for private correspondence. Reproduction or forwarding without sender's permission is prohibited.

      http://games.yahoo.com/
    • Sandra Thompson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 23, 2002

      • stnephon@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 24, 2002
          please can you instruct me how to unsubscribe
          thank you

        • Fr. Gregory Joyce
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 24, 2002
            I'm sorry. My mistake in overlooking this somewhat
            crucial information. 15 years old minimum age (local
            participants may be younger, but those traveling to
            Ann Arbor need to be at least 15).

            Fr. Gregory

            =====