Re: [orthodox-synod] Re: Georgian Christ is Risen

  • Oleg Reoutt
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8, 2002
      Dear Nectarios,
      you can find Georgian Christ is Risen on the website:
      http://www.art-gallery.ru/kliros/cp1251/frame_mm.htm but the site is in
      Russian. As far as "It is truly meet" of Tsar Feodor, there are a number of
      arrangements by Russ. composers. I have one by M.Konstantinov, who for many
      years conducted the Cathedral Choir in San Francisco. I know I have it on
      paper, but also perhaps in Finale .mus format (from which it will be easy to
      make a PDF file).

      The website above, has a lot of interesting scores and references to other
      sites as well.

      Oleg
    • serge012374
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2002
        Dear Nectarios,

        Here's a quick answer i could think of from the top of my head --
        All the pieces that I know about right away are in Russian / Slavonic
        though... I hope it's still going to be helpful somewhat!..

        The sites that they come from are:

        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/not.htm

        and

        http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/cp1251/frame_mm.htm

        You will find the pieces you are looking for and many more wonderful
        church hymns there.

        Namely "Christe Agdsdkga" could be found here:

        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.zip
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.pdf
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.mid

        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.zip
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.pdf
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.mid

        http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/pdf/trop_pas/12.pdf
        http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/sound/trop_pas/12.mid

        http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/pdf/trop_pas/13.pdf
        http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/sound/trop_pas/13.mid

        "Meet it is, in Truth to Bless Thee" arranged by Czar Theodore is
        here:

        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.zip
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.pdf
        http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.mid

        (*.zip files here contain the notes in Finale 2000 and 2002)

        ...and there are many more pieces in Georgian, Greek, Kiev-Caves
        monastery, Valaam monastery, etc. chants on those sites...

        primarely in Slavonic though...

        Hope it helps any!

        Sergey

        P.S.: if you open a *.pdf document and you see a bunch of squares
        instead of notes try using Acrobat 3 or 4, not 5. It should take
        care of that...

        --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Nectarios Yangson" <nectarios@i...>
        wrote:
        > Dear friends,
        >
        > I am looking for music (sheet music) set to the Georgian version of
        the Christ is Risen, "Christe Agdsdkga"

        > Does anyone know where I could get something like that, preferably
        in Western notation?

        > Also I am looking for the Theotokion "Meet it is, in Truth to Bless
        Thee" arranged by Czar Theodore of Blessed memory.
        > Also in Western notation.
        >
        > I heard the melodies from the Valaam Monastery benefit Cd, and was
        looking for some of the music that the choir beautifully performed on
        the English version of the Cd called, "Taste the Fountain of
        Immortality"

        > Our church choir is looking for new music, and I haven't been able
        to find anything, I would also like to find the music for the "O
        Gladsome Light, according to the Valaam chant."