Re: Georgian Christ is Risen

  • Nectarios Yangson
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 8 9:53 AM
      Dear friends,

      I am looking for music (sheet music) set to the Georgian version of the Christ is Risen, "Christe Agdsdkga"

      Does anyone know where I could get something like that, preferably in Western notation?

      Also I am looking for the Theotokion "Meet it is, in Truth to Bless Thee" arranged by Czar Theodore of Blessed memory.
      Also in Western notation.

      I heard the melodies from the Valaam Monastery benefit Cd, and was looking for some of the music that the choir beautifully performed on the English version of the Cd called, "Taste the Fountain of Immortality"

      Our church choir is looking for new music, and I haven't been able to find anything, I would also like to find the music for the "O Gladsome Light, according to the Valaam chant."

      Any help you can render is miraculous!!

      In Christ's Love,
      Nectarios Yangson
      Iveron Press

    • Oleg Reoutt
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8 12:02 PM
        Dear Nectarios,
        you can find Georgian Christ is Risen on the website:
        http://www.art-gallery.ru/kliros/cp1251/frame_mm.htm but the site is in
        Russian. As far as "It is truly meet" of Tsar Feodor, there are a number of
        arrangements by Russ. composers. I have one by M.Konstantinov, who for many
        years conducted the Cathedral Choir in San Francisco. I know I have it on
        paper, but also perhaps in Finale .mus format (from which it will be easy to
        make a PDF file).

        The website above, has a lot of interesting scores and references to other
        sites as well.

        Oleg
      • serge012374
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 8 7:31 PM
          Dear Nectarios,

          Here's a quick answer i could think of from the top of my head --
          All the pieces that I know about right away are in Russian / Slavonic
          though... I hope it's still going to be helpful somewhat!..

          The sites that they come from are:

          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/not.htm

          and

          http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/cp1251/frame_mm.htm

          You will find the pieces you are looking for and many more wonderful
          church hymns there.

          Namely "Christe Agdsdkga" could be found here:

          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.zip
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.pdf
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt9.mid

          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.zip
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.pdf
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nt10.mid

          http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/pdf/trop_pas/12.pdf
          http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/sound/trop_pas/12.mid

          http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/pdf/trop_pas/13.pdf
          http://art-gallery.ru/kliros/sound/trop_pas/13.mid

          "Meet it is, in Truth to Bless Thee" arranged by Czar Theodore is
          here:

          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.zip
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.pdf
          http://poltavadu.narod.ru/nl25.mid

          (*.zip files here contain the notes in Finale 2000 and 2002)

          ...and there are many more pieces in Georgian, Greek, Kiev-Caves
          monastery, Valaam monastery, etc. chants on those sites...

          primarely in Slavonic though...

          Hope it helps any!

          Sergey

          P.S.: if you open a *.pdf document and you see a bunch of squares
          instead of notes try using Acrobat 3 or 4, not 5. It should take
          care of that...

          --- In orthodox-synod@y..., "Nectarios Yangson" <nectarios@i...>
          wrote:
          > Dear friends,
          >
          > I am looking for music (sheet music) set to the Georgian version of
          the Christ is Risen, "Christe Agdsdkga"

          > Does anyone know where I could get something like that, preferably
          in Western notation?

          > Also I am looking for the Theotokion "Meet it is, in Truth to Bless
          Thee" arranged by Czar Theodore of Blessed memory.
          > Also in Western notation.
          >
          > I heard the melodies from the Valaam Monastery benefit Cd, and was
          looking for some of the music that the choir beautifully performed on
          the English version of the Cd called, "Taste the Fountain of
          Immortality"

          > Our church choir is looking for new music, and I haven't been able
          to find anything, I would also like to find the music for the "O
          Gladsome Light, according to the Valaam chant."

          > Any help you can render is miraculous!!
          >
          > In Christ's Love,
          > Nectarios Yangson
          > Iveron Press