Re: Letter to pope.

  • ptomac_belgorod
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
      I agree with this.
      To wish evil on another really isn't what we stand for. Lent is
      suppose to be a time of forgiveness and understanding.
      For anyone to go out and do otherwise isn't right.
      I guess it all comes down to the fact about how many times did Christ
      command us to turn the other cheek? Or the story of the prodigal son?
      I cannot see this as anything more than that and by no means a
      surrender.

      YOURS IN CHRIST

      Gerry Thomas
      Drayton Valley, Alberta

      --- In orthodox-synod@y..., Hristofor <hristofor@m...> wrote:
      > Hmm. In his sermon on the Triumph of Orthodoxy, our ROCA parish
      priest told
      > us that we had to pray for our enemies. I assumed that to include
      both
      > Orthodox and heterodox.
      >
      > What sin did the Patriarch possibly commit by sending a harmless
      Paschal

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/