Letter to pope.

  • Kiril Bart
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 31, 2002
      Here is a letter to pope of Rome from Mr. Ridiger.
      Subdeacon Kirill
      P.S. Sorry for clumsy translation, didn't have much
      time to play with. If anyone is interested to make a
      better translation and publish it on a list here is a
      link to the original site:
      http://www.ntvru.com/religy/30Mar2002/pasha.html

      The patriarch Moscow and all Russia Alexii II has
      directed to Pope John Paul II congratulations on a
      holiday of Easter. " Christ is Risen! " - with such
      words the primate Russian Orthodox Church has
      addressed to Pope John Paul II in the message which
      was transferred to "Interfax". " Over the reverential
      trembling and exulting praying before a secret of
      Revival is triumphed nowadays by Church of Christ the
      Sacred Easter ", - is spoken in the telegram of the
      Patriarch. " Death! Where your sting? A hell! Where
      your victory? " - the Allmighty God has reminded
      Alexii II words of prophet Osia, having expressed
      hope, that, according to apostle Paul, " resurrect us
      by Thou Power"." These joyful days, with love and
      easter kiss congratulating you, - writes, addressing
      to to Pope, the Patriarch, - from the bottom of the
      heart always I wish you to be pleased, incessantly to
      pray, for all to thank and invariable to stay in
      unfading light of Revival of Christ. Yes will keep and
      God will strengthen you, increasing greatly your
      forces, on much and good summers(years)! "

      http://greetings.yahoo.com/
    • Hristofor
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
        Hmm. In his sermon on the Triumph of Orthodoxy, our ROCA parish priest told
        us that we had to pray for our enemies. I assumed that to include both
        Orthodox and heterodox.

        What sin did the Patriarch possibly commit by sending a harmless Paschal
        Greeting to the Pope of Rome? After all that Rome has done to both the
        Russian Orthodox Church and the Church as a whole, it would seem that a
        greeting sent by the Patriarch would be an act of humility. (Of course, if
        he has some ulterior motives, it would then be hypocritical, though we are
        not privy to the Patriarch's thoughts...)

        Hristofor

        At 06:34 PM 3/31/2002, you wrote:
        >Here is a letter to pope of Rome from Mr. Ridiger.
        > Subdeacon Kirill
        >P.S. Sorry for clumsy translation, didn't have much
        >time to play with. If anyone is interested to make a
        >better translation and publish it on a list here is a
        >link to the original site:
        >http://www.ntvru.com/religy/30Mar2002/pasha.html
        >
        >The patriarch Moscow and all Russia Alexii II has
        >directed to Pope John Paul II congratulations on a
        >holiday of Easter. " Christ is Risen! " - with such
        >words the primate Russian Orthodox Church has
        >addressed to Pope John Paul II in the message which
        >was transferred to "Interfax". " Over the reverential
        >trembling and exulting praying before a secret of
        >Revival is triumphed nowadays by Church of Christ the
        >Sacred Easter ", - is spoken in the telegram of the
        >Patriarch. " Death! Where your sting? A hell! Where
        >your victory? " - the Allmighty God has reminded
        >Alexii II words of prophet Osia, having expressed
        >hope, that, according to apostle Paul, " resurrect us
        >by Thou Power"." These joyful days, with love and
        >easter kiss congratulating you, - writes, addressing
        >to to Pope, the Patriarch, - from the bottom of the
        >heart always I wish you to be pleased, incessantly to
        >pray, for all to thank and invariable to stay in
        >unfading light of Revival of Christ. Yes will keep and
        >God will strengthen you, increasing greatly your
        >forces, on much and good summers(years)! "

        >Yahoo! Greetings - send holiday greetings for Easter, Passover
        >http://greetings.yahoo.com/

      • ptomac_belgorod
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 1, 2002
          I agree with this.
          To wish evil on another really isn't what we stand for. Lent is
          suppose to be a time of forgiveness and understanding.
          For anyone to go out and do otherwise isn't right.
          I guess it all comes down to the fact about how many times did Christ
          command us to turn the other cheek? Or the story of the prodigal son?
          I cannot see this as anything more than that and by no means a
          surrender.

          YOURS IN CHRIST

          Gerry Thomas
          Drayton Valley, Alberta