Digest Number 568 Israel/Palestine

  • tallscapes@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 10, 2002
      Evlogeite!

      As an Orthodox Christin in the United States I remain grieved by the
      captivity of our government to a policy of significant financial support to
      the current Zionist state. The policies of Israel towards the Palestinians
      are at the least discrimminatory or worse and assure the continued injustice
      that breeds all the troubles.

      At the beginning of this year's Great Fast I ask the Palestinian Orthodox
      among us to accept that I sincerely pray for these policies to change.

      Can anyone suggest readings that are balanced and fair to both sides that
      will assist my clearer understanding of the history of the Israeli state vs
      Palestinian people and thus provide a clearer more thorough understanding of
      the present circumstances?

      Sinful, Peter Brandt-Sørheim

      +++ Sooft ich auch zu Dir um Hilfe rufe, Du hörst mich in Deinem Heiligtum,
      von Deinem Berg her schichst Du mir Antwort. Ganz ruhig kann ich mich
      schlafen legen, weil Du mich beschützt bis ich morgens erwache.
      +++ Voce mea ad Dóminum clamávi, et exaudívit me de monte sancto suo. Ego
      decúbui et obdormívi; exsurréxi. quia Dóminus susténtat me.
      +++ With my voice I cry unto the Lord and from His holy mountain He hears
      me. I lay me down and sleep; in the morning I arise for Thou dost keep me.